PDA

View Full Version : My 2005 animation montage Reel

andersonko
01-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi Guys!

This is my 2005 animation montage Reel.
More then happy to know how you guys think, C & C totally welcome.
Hope everybody will enjoy it!

http://homepage.mac.com/mrandersonko/iMovieTheater4.html

ps. All hand keyframe animation, no rotoscoping, just a lot of reference.

Here is my new site check it out!

http://web.mac.com/mrandersonko/iWeb/home/Anderson%20KO.html

http://homepage.mac.com/mrandersonko/.public/elephant.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/mrandersonko/.public/reel_02.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/mrandersonko/.public/reel_03.jpg

jwr38
01-14-2006, 10:20 PM
that was really good. I loved it

ivanisavich
01-14-2006, 11:49 PM
That sir, was a fantastic reel.

My only comment is that some of the voice clips get cut short by your editing (most notibly the ones with the cupids flying beside the car). I'd also suggest taking out the IK joe tip-toe animations at the end, as they were kinda weak.

5 stars from me for the rest of your work though! This is one of the best animation reels I've seen on the net.

andersonko
01-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi ivanisavich!

Thanks for your words, I really appreciatedit.
and I will make it better :)

Anyway, thanks!

SheepFactory
01-16-2006, 03:51 AM
really nice reel man. My favorite part is the IK joe dance with the mic stand , i wish you framed that better , the camera is too far back in that scene.

plugged*

Milho
01-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Most things said, I also liked the dancing Joe best. Saw most of the stuff on the quite man website this week. Really great

:thumbsup:

fx81
01-16-2006, 04:35 AM
wow this is a great reel
my favorite is the elephent animation.
i seen that tv commercial long ago and remembered, now i know who did it :applause:
what kind of reference did you use for the elephant ?
5+ stars :applause:

MichaelZHsee
01-16-2006, 05:00 AM
fantastic reel mate~that dancing elephant is awesome!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2xbo
01-16-2006, 06:12 AM
Nice Reel. th dancing elephant is my favorite. The BMW angels was amazimg the first time i saw in TV.
Congratulation you have a nice Reel. Are you planning to show the animations longer and separated?.

kamsvag
01-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Hi Guys!

This is my 2005 animation montage Reel.
More then happy to know how you guys think, C & C totally welcome.
Hope everybody will enjoy it!

http://homepage.mac.com/mrandersonko/iMovieTheater4.html

ps. All hand keyframe animation, no rotoscoping, just a lot of reference.

GREAT STUFF! Truely great animations, gotta love the elephant. Realy great animations.

DimitrisLiatsos
01-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Very pro stuff in there....i was always wondering who did the animation of little angels in the X5 BMW tv spot. Great work...

Hey ...gotta love that elephant...:thumbsup: (that's my personal favourite..hehehe)

:bounce:

theuni
01-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Wow,

you`re really within the animation "flow" great show reel... :thumbsup:

Tilstrom
01-16-2006, 07:30 AM
pretty cool man, nice job. :cool:

Dervish
01-16-2006, 07:33 AM
loved that phant^^, nice reel

basti
01-16-2006, 08:41 AM
hi andersonko

very nice reel and excellent animation!

one question: do you know how the elephant water splashes were created? compositing or fluid software? (realflow, inhouse..) they look great!

thanks,
basti

zem
01-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Really good animation reel. I particularly like the elephant and the IK Joe/Fred Astaire dance. Very well done.
I think that the music works well with the flow of the animations.

No crits.

omarhib
01-16-2006, 09:08 AM
great reel man...

DDS
01-16-2006, 09:40 AM
Top notch. I really dig the dancing guy with the micro support or whatever.

-DDS

Ranimate
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Ohhhh yeahhh....
This is what Im talking about, animation at its best.
I love the dancing IK joe, really well done, nice subtle details.
I also like the dancing elephant (A good friend of mine worked on that same commercial, he is at Blue Sky now, I bet you'll catch up with him after sending this reel, eh? :deal: )

I think, like the rest of the members that the tip-toe Joe is not at the same level and should tip-toe to the editing room. Your stuff is really good and soo much better than that particular piece.

Good luck my friend, good work.

:thumbsup:

Ranimate

Miezis
01-16-2006, 10:25 AM
the dancing IK is simply amazing, great sence of weight and all :)

ragdoll
01-16-2006, 10:46 AM
awesomeness... :thumbsup:

ditto on the dancing rig and mic stand... very smooth! :thumbsup:

-rj

samartin
01-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the reel, as like most peeps I was particularly drawn to the dancing guy with the mic. Great flow and sense of weight...

Kaspaas
01-16-2006, 10:58 AM
excellent work bro. Loved the bears most I think, but the rest is also freakin awesome.

BartokDesign
01-16-2006, 11:40 AM
awesome , the guy dancing is really scary.

congrats.

:buttrock:

marciowski
01-16-2006, 11:44 AM
I lovit!

The fred Asteire is sweet. The best of your reel. Very good idea.

Good luck!

dcmoutinho
01-16-2006, 12:02 PM
very nice reel, congratulations !

Djampa
01-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Wow, you are a very good animator! :scream:

Congratulations! NO rotoscoping??? Impressive, you are really really good!
Thanks for sharing with us, good luck and see ya!

loocas
01-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Totally wicked stuff adersonko! :buttrock:

Oh how I loved the elephant :D ;)

Btw: the blue biped dude dancing... man that was breathtaking!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/rating/rating_5.gif from me, no doubt! :applause:

humanforum
01-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Great demo...no doubt. My only crit is the very first image with the pig. While the rest is loading I'm sitting there looking at the weakest image on the reel. Maybe the sketches from the end could be moved to the front...or almost any other image in the reel.

Other than that I want to thank you for the music. Anytime anything makes me think of Joe Vs. the Volcano I'm a happy camper :)

Best of Luck,

HumanForum

CoolCalb
01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Excellent Reel (!!!)

the IK Joe dancing with the pole, is AMAZING!, sometimes it fools you, and it looks like mocap.
the fact that you didnt even rotoscoped only makes it even more amazing... :thumbsup:

I know the elephant from the XSI community... it's excellent as well!

the only thing that bothered me, is at the end, you show the elephant for another second...
I think it would be better without it... looks like the music asked for another cut, and you
didnt have a new thing to fill in, so you used the phant again :scream: ....

anyway , once again this is a 5 stars reel, you got those ***** from me :)

is there a place we can download the dancing ik joe full sequence???

PhantomDesign
01-16-2006, 01:25 PM
This is some amazing work!

- Jon

andersonko
01-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm really appreciated that you guys like my stuff :)

to fx81!
we acturally went to a animal trainer's place to see how REAL elephant move, then we had dancing reference so we can visualize how elephant going to do. So when we animate elephant we already had the sense of the weight and the move that he is doing.

to 2xbo!
I think for now, I will still keep my stuff this way but in the futuer after I rebuild my site, I will show it in separated too. :)

to basti!
for the water, we comp the real water in, because there is no way we can do cg water :p

to Ranimate!
hehe I know who you are talking about, he is a great animator too and I'm so happy that he is in BS now. Good for him :applause:

to CoolCalb!
I haven't finish my site yet but as soon as I finish, I will put all the spots that I has been working on as separated pieces there.

iayestaran
01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Dude, that rocked! Much better; things flow alot better with the music now. Congrats on the front page, Lord knows u deserve it...maybe now some studios will take notice!

rawgon
01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Thats soooo brilliant!

csDevil
01-16-2006, 08:50 PM
sweet! Outstanding reel!

i love that song (Jorge Ben Jor - Mas Que Nada) :cool:

6foot5
01-17-2006, 12:24 AM
wow, thats one of the best reels ive seen on here.

:applause:

AdrianWilliams
01-17-2006, 01:59 AM
The dancing guy if my fave the animation on that character is very smooth and slick, im well impressed!

Momentum
01-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Fantastic reel mate! congratulations, i see a lot of work from hornet inc in there, top quality!

send2raj
01-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Hi andersonko
Excellent work and animation luks really gr8 :thumbsup: .It's a treat watching your demo reel :bounce: .Can't comment on any coz i'm not a animator.I enjoyed watching .

Keepup the gud work :applause: :applause: :applause: .

Eero
01-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Great stuff, especially the elephant and the guys flying next to the car, and yeh,
the man dancing with the stick! I didn't really catch what the sketches of girls
were doing in the animation reel, didn't really fit there in my opinion...but hey, we
like girls, so who cares... :)

Lumie
01-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Great Work! Very inspiring! Goto get back into animation myself! It's been to too long since i got that good feeling of pulling of a nice move with a character.... Your reel considered i guess you get that feeling a lot!

Keep it up mate! Again, great work!

yuliliao
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
hey bro, nice job! Congrads on the front page:thumbsup:
I like this version much better. keep on the good work!

smann
01-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Very nice work,
are you looking for work? or . . .

btw: i heard that the elephant feet were actually dancers feet with little elephant booties, and that you guys matched the top half of the elephant to the feet...
Im guessing from your comments, thats not true.

its very nice work..

-=s

Hana-chan
01-17-2006, 06:08 PM
very nice! i loved that car commercial with the angels^^ it thought it was very cute^^ especally the one who was left behind^.^

FrizzleFry0
01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
That was an amazing reel :) Very great work and variety of shots. I think I've actually seen some of your work before when I was browsing through studio work in California. It's all very inspiring work :thumbsup:

Rayan
01-18-2006, 04:35 AM
hi

really gooooooodddd. I hope can make something like that a days,I really love character animating can you advise me how can I start?

kamsvag
01-18-2006, 06:55 AM
hi

really gooooooodddd. I hope can make something like that a days,I really love character animating can you advise me how can I start?

Sorry, I know I'm not the source you wanted the info from, but I'm gonna give it a try!

For starters, learn the basics of animation through studying the classical prinicpals. You might wanna check these links:

Antics - Animation 101 (http://www.anticz.com/animatio.htm) The principals of classical animamation
Richard Williams - The Animator's Survival Kit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0571202284/sr=1-1/qid=1137570725/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5865439-3644039?%5Fencoding=UTF8) Great book of animation
Disney's Illusion of Life Animation (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786860707/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/002-5865439-3644039?%5Fencoding=UTF8) The bible of animation
Keith Lango (http://www.keithlango.com/) Great tutorials
nJoy!

cheung0402
01-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Great works anderson!

Why don't you put some shots of Singing in the ring in your reel?
I like this TVC a lot.

andersonko
01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
to pisces3d (http://member.php?u=166971)!

I totally agree with kamsvag (http://member.php?u=149) about those sources,
like The Animator's Survival Kit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0571202284/sr=1-1/qid=1137570725/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5865439-3644039?%5Fencoding=UTF8)
and Disney's Illusion of Life Animation (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786860707/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/002-5865439-3644039?%5Fencoding=UTF8)
I love those 2 books a lot and I think it will help you
to get understanding everything about animation.

Loulu79
01-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Excellently put together...it had a dance to it...nice flow.

But I suggest you take out the drawings...they're only ones that don't fit what you're trying to communicate to us...you'd put drawings in your website...under drawings...animation demo reels are that ... animation demo reels.

Other than that....swell.:thumbsup:

Als
01-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Amazing animation.
Elephant is also fantasticly lit, with great feel to it, like it comes from future feature movie "Jungle story"!
And dancing guy would be even better even you have time to make him full character, so that even non CG people can understand it...
I also think that first frame is leting you down, and it's worse from all other great work you have on the real. I guess you have some emotional attachment to it, but it would be better to put elephant or dancing men on first frame...

Great work! Disney classical animators would be very very proud of you!:thumbsup::applause::buttrock:

Als

andersonko
01-20-2006, 09:57 PM
To Loulu79

Yes, I was thinking change that image, that image in the begining.
Thx for your suggestion :)

To Als

Thanks for your words :)
and I will pull that image off in the begining.

To iayestaran

Buddy....... you are always good to me, I wouldn't forget.
I think it's the time, we go out for Duck again :D

To yuliliao

Sista! Congrat on that phone call on friday, it will be a big step forward for you
Glad to see that happen. :applause:

sketchguy
01-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Anderson!

Congrats on your new reel. We had some fun times back a Hornet, eh? Don't worry, I know you'll be snatched up soon.

-Steve

andersonko
01-26-2006, 01:15 PM
YO YO YO Stevey!

haha Thankds for your word!
Dude! it really was a great time back at Hornet :D miss that!
How's your busy day at Guavan? hope everything is cool!

Yep! Hope I can snatched up soon too :P

andersonko
02-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Hello everybody!

Just wanna let everyone know that I just upload my Blue Joe dancing piece.
So if you have time, you can check it at

http://homepage.mac.com/mrandersonko/iMovieTheater45.html

Hope everyone will enjoy it :)

To Sheep Factory!

Thank you very much for putting my reel at front page. :thumbsup:

shangyilin
02-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Wow my buddy,nicely done :applause:
It is really good to see all your fantastic work at this moment in this place :bounce:
However,I have no doubt of it, just keep digging your rabbit hole. I can see ur shine far from here.Excellent Job :buttrock:

Your Buddy Dan

andersonko
02-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey Hey A Dan!

Long time no see! how's everything over there?
Hope everything is great :)
and I'm looking forward to talk to you soon!

shangyilin
02-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Yo buddy,
Thank you for asking :)
I am pretty good here. Although I am not in a real 3D field, I still have many different things to learn. However,I still have some chance to create some simple 3D stuff in my project. It is a handy tool that I would never just leave it there.. :thumbsup:
No matter what,let's do our best in our carrer. :beer:

pixelpickle
02-21-2006, 12:50 PM
great reel mate ^^ and yeah, the dancing character is top pick in that one, with the elephant a close second ;)

Not sure about displaying your life drawing though, I feel they should be put on a seperate real. But you did put them at the end so you might get away with it :D

jacksonl
02-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi Bro,Top of Top

U're really doing very very very~~well. Congratulation to U!!

U can really touch deep inside of the characters so that we can feel they are live. As we're watching ur work, just feel like to enjoy. So I prefer to enjoy not to criticize. Although U're very good now, I still wish U can do a Best of Best.

Keep going Man!!

andersonko
02-25-2006, 10:53 AM
To A dan!

It's good to know that you are doing great over there :D
and I'm looking forward to see you in 2 months ;)

To pixelpickle!

Thanks for your words and suggestion :)
I'm re-edit my reel now, so as soon as I'm done with it I will let all you guys to know.

To Jacksoon!

yo yo yo Bro!
heard that you are doing great over there too and just had your vacation ;)
I'm looking forward to see you come back here and finish your training, I'm totally can
see you working here, I will help as much as I can bro :D

3Delver
03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Brother~ you are really amazing! I know you will become a master someday~
Hope you get into Pixar in the future~
I also think that background music has confilicts with those commercials dialogue.
That's the only thing I dont like about...other then that~ You are my master and mentor~
THIS GUY TAUGHT ME A LOT ABOUT ANIMATION! HE"S THE BEST!
Aileen
//--------
http://www.gdeformer.com/BarkingAge.htm

3Delver
03-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey brother~you are amazing!
I love all of your animations..especially the potato head one.
That one is a big shot!
THANK U for teaching me so many animation skills before~
Hope that you could get into Pixar someday! Please dont forget me once you are famous.ha.

Aileen
//------------
www.gDeformer.com/BarkingAge.htm

andersonko
03-04-2006, 12:11 PM
To 3Delver!

Yo Yo sister, how's everything? haven't hear from you for awhile
Hope everything is good. Teaching you animation was fun, I believe
that you are talented, just keep doing it, one day you will success :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 12:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.