PDA

View Full Version : do you have muscles?

a_joke
01-14-2006, 07:08 AM
hi you all!!! i'm currently using lw and well i'm thinking about switching to c4d. only thing is i've been looking to see if there are any solutions for muscle deformation. i haven't read or even seen anything on the subject. i saw the hair and cloth dynamics...amazing!! any input would be appreciated.

thank you

a_joke

Stray
01-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah,
as far as muscle deformations go you may have to stick with morph targets or a muscle bone. Although no real sophisticated muscle simulations exist.

cheers
-Danny

a_joke
01-14-2006, 07:26 AM
how would you compare the muscle bones to other packages. i know for lw (for me anyway) it's a little technical. proj. messiah has a great muscle bone setup, but i'd like to try and stay within the main software as much as possible.

bobzilla
01-14-2006, 01:14 PM
There's a free muscle bone Xpression/set up from http://www.studio-fabian.de/ (click on the miscilaneous tag)

Or you could set them up using C4Ds built in expressions using Xpresso. Basically, I would think your just scaling the bone in a particular direction.

These are basic set ups and NOT muscles like TKmuscle, or cMuscle plugins for Maya.

a_joke
01-14-2006, 11:59 PM
thanks for the info. it's something close to lw's muscle expression, ecxept it doesn't seem too technical. something to consider. thanks again.

a_joke

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.