PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Apple Texture

TheGhostDragon
01-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Hello,
I am working on my first composite ... for the project I need to texture an apple and it needs to look close to photoreal ... My texture isnt that well

can someone help me or direct me to some apple texture painting tutorials
I really appreciate

Thanks in advance ...
Looking forward to hear from you

halo
01-14-2006, 05:40 PM
got a scanner? got an apple? got a peeler? ;)

TheGhostDragon
01-14-2006, 07:33 PM
;) actually I have a DigiCam and took some shots put it on for texture
but looks very ugly

really dont know what to do

here is a link
http://aa.1asphost.com/GhostDragon/Images/apple09.jpg

if the link doesnt work just copy paste it in your browser and it will work

this is a texture for a 3D model
but it looks too far from photoreal

I really appreciate some help ;)

Thanks in advance

dbates
01-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Your texture is a bit blurry, especially near the top. Also, I'm not sure what variety of apple that is (or if you had a specific one in mind), but it might look better if you have some very small marks all over the skin. Here's an example of what I mean: http://www.nyapplecountry.com/images/photosvarieties/gala300.jpg

You can see very small spots, like grain or noise almost, over the entire skin. Adding that should help you out, though the blurriness is probably the biggest problem right now.

Of course, the texture is only part of the photoreal process. The shader is very important too--unfortunately I know very little about shaders.

Good luck!
--dbates

TheGhostDragon
01-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks alot dbates
The Blurieness did really anyoy me but I wasnt really sure what it was ... I knew something was wrong with it but I didnt know what it was exactly ;)

Thank you very much

here is the link of my actual texture
http://aa.1asphost.com/GhostDragon/Images/RedAppleTexture01.jpg

the original is 2048*2048
this one is 480*480

Is there a way to make the bluriness disapear with PS?

I have been using PS for many years now but I cant say that I know it very well...

Looking forward to hear from you ;)

Thanks again

dbates
01-14-2006, 09:17 PM
You can try sharpening it in Photoshop. . . That isn't going to work perfectly though. Go easy on sharpening--too little is better than too much (imo).

You used digital photos for the texture, right? Are the photographs in correct focus?

TheGhostDragon
01-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks dbates for your quick reply

>You can try sharpening it in Photoshop. . . That isn't going to work perfectly though. Go easy on sharpening--too little is better than too much (imo).

I was searching some tutorials they also were pointing to the sharpening
I used the tool but I didnt like the resault
Also there is a sharpen filter
Unsharpen Mask filter
It works for unbluring it, I used a small amount
but the funny thing is that the spots on apple are too bumpy now ...

>You used digital photos for the texture, right? Are the photographs in correct focus?

yes I used Digital Photos not the whole photos just the things I liked from photo and the rest I just painted in with Clone Stamp Tool

himmm dont know I guess I will do it all again ...

Thank you very much again

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.