PDA

View Full Version : Just a little help

HomerJSimpson
01-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey all

I am making a spear, but I am unsure as to how to make the point of the spear. What I have done is made a cynlinder to the length I want it at but the top is flat and I would like to get it as a point.
Can anyone help me out.

Thanks.

HJS

pietjepixel
01-14-2006, 10:20 AM
if you want a point try a cone instead of a cilinder

HomerJSimpson
01-14-2006, 10:31 PM
if you want a point try a cone instead of a cilinder

I thought of that, but I managed to make a point out of the cylinder.

Thanks.

thatoneguy
01-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Create Cylinder.
Convert to Editable polygon.
Select end polygon.
"Collapse".

HomerJSimpson
01-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Just another quick question. Lets say I am modelling one side of a box and I want to do exactly the same to the other side. How do I do it without having to do it twice?

I think it is called mirroring? I looks for the option but I couldnt find it.

Thanks.

thatoneguy
01-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Two ways.

First is the hardest and is the traditional XSI work flow:

You work on both sides simultaneously, selecting the opposite polygon and appying extrudes, and instead of moving objects away from center, you scale that polygon away from center... I don't recommend that.

Second:

You create (or slice a box) so that it has a line through the plane of symetry. Then you delete the opposite half. You model everything you want. And then clone and mirror that second piece attach it to your first box, line it up and weld the verticies back together. While working with this system you can create a mirrored reference to see what the final product will kind of look like, although you can't weld/attach references or instances.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.