PDA

View Full Version : Death Cow

augustos
03-01-2002, 04:58 AM
I'm still working on this image........specialy in the texture of the dirty cow.

http://www.agus-3d.com/WIP/vaca.jpg

justinking1973
03-01-2002, 05:06 AM
Looks pretty great from what I'm looking at.

Great textures.

Justin

Simplex
03-01-2002, 05:06 AM
Maybe if you could move the camera a bit to the right so the focal point won't seem to be obstructed by the fence post, or what i believed to be focus. Definitely need to make the texture on the skull more smooth since it looks like it shouldn't be there. Picked up on some polgons showing on the wire around the post. Your dead plants are very mysterious, just kinda pop up with little randomness in the blades, need some other types of deak plant life in their, maybe a stick or two, also throw in some smaller rocks to hide the fact of the duplicated ones.
Keep up the hard work!!

Gilgamesh
03-01-2002, 05:11 AM
Well the composition is nice, and the ground texture is awesome. The grass and rocks and the post look great. Lighting looks good, too.
However, the cow skull, well, doesn't really look like a cow skull. As it stands I would mistake it for a rock or maybe a fossil. If you want it to look like bone I think it is going to need more than just texture work. There is a lot more complexity to the bone structure of a skull. There are seams and cracks and the such all over, and in the snout area especially.

http://www.ellensplace.net/ok_skul2.jpg

Also, just a little nitpick, but most of the barbed wire I have seen is actually two strands of wire twisted together rather than one.
I hope this is all helpful. I used to live on a cattle ranch, so I have seen more than my fair share of skulls and barbed wire.
Once again though the composition is great, and good work.

Gilgamesh
03-01-2002, 05:15 AM
Maybe if you could move the camera a bit to the right so the focal point won't seem to be obstructed by the fence post, or what i believed to be focus.

I really like that part of it is obstructed. IMO I think that is a big part of the composition. So yeah. There you go.

Also, could I inqure about which software and renderer you are using?

King Zumbi
03-01-2002, 06:48 AM
I think it would help if the barbed wire were a little more realistic as well. Real barbed wire is made of a twisted pair of wires as the main core.

Great image though.

augustos
03-01-2002, 07:55 AM
Thanks Very much guys....When I started the texture of the cow, my idea was to maked covered by the dirty ground....
Also this camera angle is because is the first frame of an animation......then finish almos in the oposite angle.

Thanks again....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.