PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel 06 - Henry Baptiste "SeWaN"

SeWaN33
01-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

Here is a collection of my works of the last year. Most of them are biased on a technical way as modelling, lightning, texturing or compositing.
You could see here a sum up of what you could see in the reel. I hope you will like it. :)

http://www.sewan.com/presentation.jpg

1' 51 min / 27 mo / windows media
http://www.sewan.com/SewanReel06.wmv

1'51 min / 18 mo / sorenson 3 for QuickTime
http://www.sewan.com/SewanReel06.mov

Thanks

PS1: Please be indulgent it's my first one ;)
PS2: I' m looking for a job ::)

The Funimator
01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Wow !!! Great work! Job will find its way to you ! :)

SeWaN33
01-14-2006, 01:34 PM
lol thanks, i really hope it :bounce:

Bleen
01-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Nice reel!
I liked the burned illumination, but maybe you should ALSO try showing your models with a "neutral" illumination, to really show them off.
I also noticed that the horn of the second character you show has a texture that "pops" at 00:00:34.
Maybe you could also use a dark gray background instead of a black background?
The plane/spaceship model is also screaming for a SLOW camera movement shot.
I also noticed some flickering. Is that intentional? Because to me, it detracts from the models.
Overall, it's a great reel! congratulations! Hope you find a job! :thumbsup:

SeWaN33
01-15-2006, 04:29 PM
hi bleem
you are right . For the "pops" of the corn i have already saw it but it s a detail on a shaded model not the final. When i ll found the time i ll re render it :)
The flickering is due, i think, to the number of photons on the scene and the scale... unfortunatly i have a slow computer and do not have time to up the number of photon and have a correct render time.
sorry for my poor english :sad:

karabo
01-15-2006, 10:35 PM
the main issue I have with your reel is that your lighting is very bad and it really doesn't show your models off very well. You need to set up your lighting much better than that, especially since your reel says you also do lighting. You also say you want to do texturing but never show your texture maps properly.

I would have liked to have seen more of the ship model because in my opinion, it was the best model in the reel. You didn't show a wireframe of the ship.

I think you really need to redo this reel and do a better job because as it is right now, I doubt you would be hired for anything other than modeling. Sorry to be harsh but it's for your own good.

SeWaN33
01-15-2006, 11:55 PM
it's your opinion, i respect it, thanks for your comment

el-vio
01-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Karabo i'm not agree with u i think sewan show his work how he wanted, and i personaly like how he showed it , so that is remaining of your point of view , and yours is not a generality, you can say you like it or not, and maybe crits about lighting or modeling or else, what you wan't, but saying "you have to do it again" is quite pretentious coming of you.

good luck sewan :)

bye

karabo
01-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Karabo i'm not agree with u i think sewan show his work how he wanted, and i personaly like how he showed it , so that is remaining of your point of view , and yours is not a generality, you can say you like it or not, and maybe crits about lighting or modeling or else, what you wan't, but saying "you have to do it again" is quite pretentious coming of you.

Calm yourself el-vio, there is no need for name calling. Instead of attacking me like an idiot why don't you give some constructive criticism on the work shown here like I did?
SeWaN took my criticism and realised that it was just my opinion. When you post your work here, you are looking for people's opinions on the work which is exactly what I gave him. I gave him my honest opinion and he can choose to take my advice or not take it, that's up to him, either way, it won't bother me. I guess you would rather do some ass kissing but if that's what you like to do then that's up to you. I didn't see any constructive crits in your post but you had the nerve to come at me about my crits. Not very smart, are you el-vio?

@SeWaN: Just to clear up any misunderstanding, I do like your work, your modeling skill is good, I just wanted to let you know that with the lighting setups you have, it's hard to see the models properly and they would benefit from a better lighting rig. It would also be a good idea to show your texture maps to show the detail you put in them. As I have said, this is my opinion, so take it as you will. I think you have good work but the reel could do with some touch ups.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.