PDA

View Full Version : How to group for resizing rig/character

Mendragol
01-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi

I want to resize my character with the rig. Now i heared I have to group the rig. But when I group my rig, there are some new problems. If I move the rArm, the fingers don't move with it. If the rig isn't grouped it works fine.

Can anybody say me what I am do wrong?

Rgds,
Mendragol

stewartjones
01-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Take the top joint in the hierarchy (I presume the COG), and group that to itself. Now scale the group.

This means that everything under that group will be scaled, but nothing will have changed in the main hierarchy causing it to break.

That help any?

Buexe
01-13-2006, 03:32 PM
I better not ask y u use iks on every finger. Anyway, are your iks set to sticky? If yes try turning sticky off before resizing.

Mendragol
01-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Ah thank you, the group helped.

It's my first rig, so I didn't know how I could realize the fingers without a lot of IKs. What would be a good solution for it? I will try it the next time!

Thank you for supporting me.

stewartjones
01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Heck, I didnt even notice those IK fingers! :eek:

If I were you I would remove the IK from them and just use a standard fk setup for them. Or a custom attribute with a grip command or something, I guess thats up to you how you want your character to work!

Cheers

-Stu

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.