PDA

View Full Version : Delaunay Triangolation

01-13-2006, 01:28 PM
I will like to show you what your help and suggestions have helped me to do :

It's my first (!!!) COFFEE script that trasform points in a plane in triangles with the rules of the Delaunay Triangolation.

many many thanks for your supports!!!

c&c are welcome ...

now i'm going to study Voronoi Diagrams and try to integrate it ... maybe ...
and the dialogs to transform it from a script to a plugin ....

thank you
cheers

unseenthings
01-18-2006, 05:08 AM
I will like to show you what your help and suggestions have helped me to do :

It's my first (!!!) COFFEE script that trasform points in a plane in triangles with the rules of the Delaunay Triangolation.

many many thanks for your supports!!!

c&c are welcome ...

now i'm going to study Voronoi Diagrams and try to integrate it ... maybe ...
and the dialogs to transform it from a script to a plugin ....

thank you
cheers

Wow, very cool. I'm surprised more people haven't commented.

I'd love to see/get/use/try that script out...

umblefugly
01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
WOW that could come in very handy! Kind of like a point cloud plugin. Looking forward to your progress

01-18-2006, 03:16 PM
thank you guys !! ... :thumbsup:

i've integrated it with the Voronoy Tasselation inside the script (see the attached image)

now i'm going to understand how to finish this plugin with the dialogs interface ...:surprised

thank you very much for support my stuff !!

TonyL
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
This has fantastic potential 0010. Look forward to the plug-in, but I realise there is a long way to go yet.

Put me down for one!

Best wishes - TL

lightdog
01-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Does this mean that with this we'll be able to automate the creation of polys from point data recovered from a 3D match-move?

tcastudios
01-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Looks very interesting!

(However, when I clicked your web link, my browser dloaded an .exe file! I'm on a Mac so I'm safe but...)

Cheers
Lennart

JDP
01-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Looks very interesting!

(However, when I clicked your web link, my browser dloaded an .exe file! I'm on a Mac so I'm safe but...)

Cheers
Lennart

The exe is for your modem to use a premium rate number.

01-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Does this mean that with this we'll be able to automate the creation of polys from point data recovered from a 3D match-move?

can you show me some link where i can understand better what you're talking about ? .. thanks! however i think it could be possible in the future ... for now it works only with a cloud in a plane (2d) ... but i've a lot of ideas to use it in the 3d space. Now you could use it for create a good triangulation with delaunay criteria and voronoy diagrams as well.

I'm going to practice a bit with dialogs for develope a real plug-in not only a script... but i need some free time i don't have in this days (university, wotks, etc...).

Thank you very much for your support ... i'm very happy you appreciate it .. i want to share all the plug-in as soon as possible... :wip:

ah, it's very strange for the exe file from my site ... it's first time some people tell me ... maybe it could be possible because is a flash site you need the plugin for show it .... don't know ! ... let me know ... and what is the premium rate numer ?

sorry for eng-it ..... :banghead:

cheers
francesco

JDP
01-19-2006, 02:06 PM
If you look at the attachment it shows you what appears when you click on the link to your site. It has nothing to do with flash.

umblefugly
01-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Thats some kinda spyware. Dialers are evil.

01-19-2006, 04:08 PM
ahhhhhhh !!!
what the hell is it ? ... i never see it before ..
do you have any solution ?? ...

umblefugly
01-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Well I visited your site and didnt get that popup/installer/dialer. Its probably something in his computer.

JDP
01-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I can assure you 100% that it is nothing on my computer, this is a file that is asking to be downloaded, it is the only site it happens on and tcastudios got an exe as well, I don't install shit shareware software, in fact I run a very tight shop, and haven't installed anything new on my computer recently anyway.

umblefugly
01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
That is weird then, BTW im on a PC tried his site again and still didnt get anything...

JDP
01-20-2006, 01:36 PM
That is odd, maybe someone else can confirm the behaviour, I'm also on a pc.

JDP
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Well I just tried on another computer, not part of my network, and I get the same problem. The download is being evoked by a javascript from cn.x69x.net which I notice my browser contacting as soon as I click on Francesco's link.

unseenthings
01-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I had it try to send me an .exe file as well -- I cancelled, of course.

acmepixel
01-21-2006, 05:07 AM
Nice looking portfolio Francesco, I especially like the "UFO" sofa.

Keep us posted on your plugin progress. It looks very interesting.

:thumbsup:

01-21-2006, 09:03 AM
thank you guys ... i don't know how to remove this exe ... i've tryed to upload again all the site in the root but i think it happened again ... any suggestion ?? :cry:

this is no good for my clients ..:argh:

cheers

Geespot
01-21-2006, 03:34 PM
It happened to me aswell 0010 (see attachment)

I suggest you close down your site and look into it

acmepixel
01-21-2006, 07:14 PM
It happened to me aswell 0010 (see attachment)

I suggest you close down your site and look into it

This must be a PC security issue. It's not a problem for me on Mac OSX. All I see is the website.
Maybe there's a Microsoft security update that needs to be installed? Or maybe it's a setting in MSIE that needs to be tweaked? I don't use Windows often so I'm no expert.

umblefugly
01-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Well im on PC as well and all I see is the site, nothing tries to DL.

JDP
01-22-2006, 09:27 AM
1. Do you have java script enabled.
2. This could be region specific as it does mention charging in Euros. Most likely.
3. The software is PC software that installs a dialer for your modem and hence doesn't work on a Mac.

01-22-2006, 02:24 PM
I've request support to my provider company ... hope to remove it soon !!

thank you guys and very sorry for troubles ....

JDP
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
No problem Francesco. Hope you get it sorted.

02-07-2006, 01:32 PM
maybe i've solved for my site !! ...
sorry for troubles on it ! :argh: ...and let me know if somethings wrong again !!! ...

for the plugin i'm trying to understanding dialogs in this days, but i've a lot of difficult with SDK example ... realy, i don't need a "super" dialog ... i'm trying to understand how to put a script it works on the COFFEE Tag of an object and let it appearing on the plugin menu of Cinema4D interface. I've understanding the example HelloWorld, but where i can put my script ? ... maybe i've to understand better Execute(doc) ... what do you think about that?

i want share my plugin with you very soon .. and understanding this step is necessary !!

thank you very much for your help again !!

JDP
02-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi Francesco, the site seems fine now, no dialer. :) As for the script maybe you can give some more explicit information about exactly how you want it to work.

02-11-2006, 12:51 PM
hi JDP again, many thanks for your time ! :buttrock:

i'm very happy that my site is clear now... :shrug:

so .. what i have to do is just put my script (that it work directly by the COFFEtag on a polygon object) in the "wonderful" world of Dialogs... the rality is that i'm not a serious programmer ...:banghead: .. and i've a little problems with understanding dialogs in SDK ...

i've try to customize the HelloWorld example (see the attached file) ...now i think i've to understand how to tell the OK button to execute my script and on wich object put it on !?

i miss this step ... is this the right way ? ..

the code of the attached file is just the same of the HelloWorld example in the SDK ...

02-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Am I on the right way ?

please... let me know !!

cheers

JDP
02-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Sorry that I haven't replied sooner Francesco. You say you want the plugin to be a tag but I'm wondering why you want to do it this way. I'm presuming that what your script does is make a mesh from a point cloud, so a user would create these points and then either select the points or object, run a command, and this would produce your mesh. This would be more suited to a menu plugin. A tag is really for when you want to store data. If you don't have any variables that a user has to enter then you don't need a dialog, just produce a menu plugin and place the script in the Execute(doc) section. It is a little more complicated to create a dialog with a tag, when the user double clicks on the tag it will call plugintag::edit() from which you open your dialog and load settings from a base container. There are no examples of this in the sdk but shaders behave in a similar way. Make sure you have downloaded the html format version of the sdk, it's the one labelled as 'Coffee sdk 95.zip'. The zip file contains some examples, have a look at the file volume.cof and it should give you an idea of how to open a dialog from the edit command. Once you decide which way you want to go let me know if you need any help.
cheers,
JDP

02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank you very much JDP for your reply !
I've understand the difference between the first and the second method you show me.
I think a menuplugin is what i need, it could be important to have some parameters to change !...
but the first thing i don't understand is how i can tell to my script (starting with classical main(doc,op) ) that he has to work on the selected object when i press OK...

MyMenuPlugin::Execute(doc)
{
var d = new(MyDialog);
d->Open(-1,-1);
}

Here a part of the HELLOWORLD example i want to modify...

i'm right ? mh ....

thank you

JDP
02-21-2006, 04:00 PM
If you want to use a dialog all that you will do in MyMenuplugin::Execute(doc) is open the dialog, after that you want to react to commands from the user which you do in Mydialog::Command(id, msg). To get hold of the currently selected object you should use doc->GetActiveObject(). You could create your script as a function which would get called when someone presses the OK button. I've made a basic example for you to study, no brilliant design here but should give you the idea. I have commented it but you will probably need to consult the sdk to work out what is going on. The plugin just moves an object in the direction and distance entered by the user. I've used plugin id 1000010. HTH

02-24-2006, 09:17 AM
thank you very much JDP !!! you have a lot of patience with , my master :buttrock:
now i've to study it ! eheheh
i would like to finish it asap !

cheers

03-02-2006, 01:54 PM
I've do it !! I've do it !! :bounce:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JDP AND ALL HAVE HELP ME !!

i want to share my first plugin !!

here "AutoTRI" v0.1 ehehehe
Automatic Delaunay Triangulation

it's a bit slow ... i've to adjust in future ...
it works fine with simple elements (polygon with only points)

let me know !!
CHEERS

ernia
03-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Good!

Now for someone who is not a binary head, could you tell me how I could use it?

I've been looking for something like this to TIN contours.

Instructions please and thanks,

ernia

03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Sure ! sorry ...

1) create a new polygon object
2) add yuor points on the XZ plane
3) select the object
4) lunch the plug-in and click OK

let me know !
cheers

JDP
03-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I've do it !! I've do it !! :bounce:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JDP AND ALL HAVE HELP ME !!

i want to share my first plugin !!

CHEERS

Your welcome and thanks for sharing, it is a nifty little plugin. Unfortunately Coffee is inherently slow. Do you have any plans to expand this to 3d?

03-02-2006, 05:33 PM
SURE !
i would like to upgrade it in 3d !! but i've to spent a lot of time on it !! ...
i hope to have some free time to do it soon !!

ernia
03-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi,

Well I tried it on some contour points and it didn't do very well, but it did make something like a 3d mesh (with elevation). Got to use less than 40 or 50 points because it is slow, but this is promising! Hope you have time to refine it a bit. For contours I have the splines that the points come from; perhaps coffee could use this info as a guide when triangulating.

Nice going,

ernia

eightyf
10-31-2006, 09:43 PM
SURE !
i would like to upgrade it in 3d !! but i've to spent a lot of time on it !! ...
i hope to have some free time to do it soon !!
Hi,
I just wanted to know if you found the time to work on your plugin.
Actually, what you are doing is exactly what I am working at now, but I haven't got a clue on how to put the math formula in a way C.O.F.F.E.E. understands.
Could you give me a rough idea on how you implemented all this? This would be great.
Thank you
André

11-08-2006, 01:34 PM
hi andre,
unfortunately i don't have a lot of time to implement this on 3d....
i've to finish my architecture thesis...

for going in 3d i need to study a lot of math algoritm i don't have time now...
but if you know the right math way to go in 3d delaunay, please let me know, and we could do it togheter !

let me know !
francesco

eightyf
11-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Francesco,
this is a very kind offer, but you wouldn't want to work with - when it comes to math I am a total idiot. It took me like ages to figure out how to do some simple trigonometry in coffee.
I studied quite a few pages on the net, most of them ending on ".edu".
But I will definitely let you know, if I succeed. Right now I try to implement the classic delaunay and some other methods in 2D. But I am afraid, that this methods will be way too intense when it comes to calculating speed.
I'll keep you posted
regards from Munich
André

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2006, 06:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.