PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Aspect Ratio PAL D1

JurajMolcak
01-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi. Need advice.
I rendered a movie file from 3D as D1/DV PAL (4:3, 1,07). The movie is ending with Logotype which is stetchy due to 1,07 ratio. Now, I would like to use another (but the same) logotype as footage from illustrator for additional part of the movie.
How should I setup that non DV file for correct combination? Is the "Interpret Footage" menu for this kinda task? I am working only on CRT so I canīt see the TV output at this stage.

Thanx

maximee
01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey there...

Now, I would like to use another (but the same) logotype as footage from illustrator for additional part of the movie.

Another but the same...?

I assume you're talking about the same logo but with a different color or sth. like that.

First off, Illustrator is a vector based application. So no pixels/bitmaps and therefore no pixel ratios (assuming you are using .eps files). Just import the vector file.

As you mentioned, pixel ratios can be set by using the "interpret footage" option.

You can activate/deactivate the pixel ratio correction by clicking the small button with the white square on it... That gives you a preview how things are displayed on a TV (talking about pixel ratios, not colors, of course)

I hope that helped.
Cheers!

Mylenium
01-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey there...

Another but the same...?

I assume you're talking about the same logo but with a different color or sth. like that.

First off, Illustrator is a vector based application. So no pixels/bitmaps and therefore no pixel ratios (assuming you are using .eps files). Just import the vector file.

As you mentioned, pixel ratios can be set by using the "interpret footage" option.

You can activate/deactivate the pixel ratio correction by clicking the small button with the white square on it... That gives you a preview how things are displayed on a TV (talking about pixel ratios, not colors, of course)

I hope that helped.
Cheers!

Hey Flo, du machst's aber kompliziert! ;-)

Well, after that short comment to my German colleague let's move on. Not saying Flo's comments won't help, but for the time being there is a much simpler solution.

a) Import your logo. It will have square pixels. Don't meddle with footage interpretation.

b) Import your existing clip and leave it's interpretation at DV.

c) Drag the clip into a PAL composition with square pixels (768x576). You will notice that AE will automatically stretch your DV clip to fill the comp.

d) Add your logo and line it up.

e) For rendering create another comp at DV rez (720x576, pixel aspect 1.07) and drag the square comp into it.

That's it. The advantage over using footage interpretation clearly is the simplicity in aligning things. Also remember that many effects are still based on square pixels and expressions do not handle non-square stuff without extra code, so I'd suggest using this approach for future projects anyway.

Mylenium

JurajMolcak
01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Helpful tips. Every day I am learn something new.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.