PDA

View Full Version : suggestions please

chrlynde
03-01-2002, 05:35 AM
Any suggestions you could give me would be much appreciated. Also, if any has an ideas on how to make short realistic hair.

chrlynde
03-01-2002, 05:42 AM
here's the orthographic views

Simplex
03-01-2002, 05:59 AM
Overall it's pretty good. something funny going on with some proportions in the face, especially when you look @ the perspective view. A little too boxy in the head. Also the corners of your mouth don't look right, may if they were pulled in a little bit. Shape of the lips from the front are to smooth and rounded like an upside down arc. Also you have hard edges showing on your nose along the sides. Otherwise not too shabby.

LFShade
03-01-2002, 06:02 AM
Well done so far. The only thing that jumps out at me from these views is that the nose may be a bit too angular. A couple of wireframe views would give us more info to judge on.

Gilgamesh
03-01-2002, 06:19 AM
I'd say that it is a little too small on the top and/or a little too big on the bottom. The eyes should be about halfway down the face.
It looks good though. I think you could get more hair advice if we knew what program you were using.

chrlynde
03-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Here's the wireframe. Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm using Maya. I do see alot of the areas that you're all talking about. The corners of the lips looked really bad before. I have been trying to add that little fat pocket that is on the corner of the mouth and have been mostly unsuccesful. I'll work on it some more when I get the chance and repost. Thanks.

dudarino
03-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Try adjusting your camera setting in your perspective view for starters. I think it's the view angle(?) that needs adjustment ? When set at default, objects will distort while viewed from the camera. It will look more natural(like your orthographics) if changed...hopefully anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.