PDA

View Full Version : Site check please

Fede
11-29-2002, 06:54 AM
Hi all

just finished a small site, http://www.lastslonger.co.za

It's a mixture between html and flash could you please comment on speed and other aspects please.

thanx

JBruckner
11-29-2002, 11:24 PM
I like the layout although I dont quite understand what the site is about. About the speed, the site was super slow Im on a t3 at work and it lagged, dont know why, maybe its just me. :)

Mikko
12-01-2002, 06:37 AM
Hej!
I have a ADSL-connection and speed did not seem to be a problem, atleast for the frontpage.
Recognition! I think it works well. I instantly knew what it was about.

Crits:

- The FLASH-parts should ALL have a preloader of some sort. Allthough i did not have to wait for TOO long I actually skipped some of them at first and thought they were WIP. In the 'final' product it would be a huge loss if users just skipped these parts.

- I personally think that a 'contact us' button should generate a new page with the e-mail link... Many users do naot have an email cient installed. Or they (I) dont like it to execute on their sad/slow/old mashine. The 'mailto:' ShOULD be recognizable as an email link.

..mikko

pigwater
12-12-2002, 12:54 AM
i gotta agree with mikko on the e-mail and contents bit

i did load rather slow for me though..

error-404-
12-12-2002, 12:49 PM
its very very slow

you should have a frameset for the navigation ...the nav bar in "topframe", the content in "mainframe" and the small bar at the bottom on "bottom frame".it allows user to reload only the content frame and the navigation bar ans the small one at the bottom

i guess yo slide that in image ready , that's ok, but there is too much code ( tag<td>), make it with less slide, use "use selection to make slide in image ready".it will improve seriously the dl time

optimize images in order to have less ko ...

buttons such as home should be in gif ...
the other in jpeg, but optimized for the web !!!

PS:hope U have understand all i said ;) and sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

marc
12-12-2002, 03:15 PM
i'm on 128k no problems. superfast. The colour scheme needs a vast improvement. The user has really no idea what your trying to tell them/ advertise. are you infringing ontrademark with that energizer thing?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.