PDA

View Full Version : Short movie: Jangwa!

Ilija
01-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Hello CG Society,

Jangwa! is a Short Movie Jan Bitzer and myself produced while our study at the Filmakdemie Baden Württemberg.
We have been working on it from may to july.

You can Download the Movie here:
http://www.hackermovies.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77901&f=10001

http://www.hackermovies.com/cmsfiles/77901/77901_picture.jpg

We´d be very happy to get some Feedback from you guys.

Thanks in advance,

Ilija

fx81
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
hahahaha ohh man that was good story scripting and animation :applause: :applause:
5 stars, greak work

TobyArt
01-13-2006, 02:15 AM
:applause: Great stuff, really enjoyed it, so much for so little. Excellent movement and emotion.

Ilija
01-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Thank you guys very much....its good to hear you like it.....

@ Zyrinx "...so much for so little." ....a great comment.....exactly our intention.

Ilija

karabo
01-13-2006, 04:43 PM
link is broke

Ilija
01-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Very sorry for this....

should be back online now....

lostPin
01-13-2006, 07:20 PM
The overall look of the animation is great, I like the stark, red-black compositions. But I believe that the animation needs a bit more work, it looks stiff in some areas. The suspense was interesting but the ending isn't strong enough-it creates great expectation and in the end it just throws it away... Anyway, nice work, I've seen nice films from Baden-Wurtenberg, and this is one among them too;)

djhush
01-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Ha ha, I really liked it a lot!

It was very nice and I think you've done a great job. The only thing I think you should workon, is a little bit more with the textures on the close-up scenes, maybe add some dirt or "wrinkles".
Otherwise I found it very nice and just have big ups for you guys :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Cannonball
01-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, I didn't care if it was not so well textured etc etc etc. Nice models, little game-like. I could have been textured more but it didn't influence my viewing experience. Texturing should improve it though...

I really liked the situation, character etc.

I didn't expect the ending, and it left me with a feeling like: "WTF?" and then I just burst out in laughter. I found it very funny and unexpectable...but I can imagine that others will not like it because you build up something to something else then people expected. I respect the choice and I liked it a lot...!

4 stars :love:loved it!

Rockin
01-16-2006, 08:52 PM
but the ending isn't strong enough-it creates great expectation and in the end it just throws it away...

Not true. It's one of the most inspired endings of all.

Loved the theme, the mood and atmosphere. Actually I think textures would destroy it's simplicity, but what I personally missed was some fur (at least a hint of fur) on the animals..

To some extent, the animation does sometimes look stiff - namely at the beginning, when the 'hero' sees the dust trail - guess you weren't that warmed up back then :P. BTW by 'animation' I mean the morphs on the hero's face. Body language was ok.

Great movie, extremly clever and funny :love:

5 stars (those morphs are more of a personal preference;))

Ilija
01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Thank you all very much for the good and very constructiv critiques....

@ chikos: What you say about the animation is absolutly right.... there are some parts at which I like the timing and posing but overall its very far from what I would call good animation....Stiff is just the right word....if there was only more time....

About the ending: It´s like you see it in this thread. Some people like it, some people are dissapointed. But what you say is exactly one of the things we wanted....create great expectations and than throw them away........but if you digg deeper...theres more... :-)

@ djhush: You are right about the Textures. It was just a question of time. The strange thing is, I know we could have pushed it much more but every time I watch it I like the look very much....

@Cannonball: It´s great to hear you laughed.....and with your words its even better...

@Rockin: Thanks a lot.......You are very right about those Shots at the start....Everytime I see them, it scares me.....

Thanks again for your comments....
I got the feeling all of you got the idea and the intention of this movie very good. Some like it some don´t........but its great to see you think about it and understand it.

Ilija

talldreams
01-17-2006, 05:30 AM
i think you have gotten some great response already from your short. i wanted to add a few words on lighting since i feel you have already gotten enough on the animation. My favorite parts have to do with the buildup and the suspense of the oncoming danger. good smoke effects and curiosity with the character. i felt the scene would need to be brighter, with a lot more illumination. the scene is in the desert, its hot, and a lot of sun. so think about what that would feel and look like. that would also go into colors and even textures, which would be dry and earthy. i dont want to get too detailed with it. its a very strong peice. i just wanted add a couple of words. thanks
Kevin
www.artofkevin.com (http://www.artofkevin.com)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.