PDA

View Full Version : new c2 online resource?

phatgroovn
11-29-2002, 02:59 AM
OK c2 users. I have a hair brained idea. I've noticed that despite combustion's quickly growing user base, there isn't really that many online resources for it.

This brings me to my question; what do you think the feasability of a dedicated combustion web resource would be? Or maybe one dedicated to mid-range compositors? FXGuide has the high end covered pretty well, but not a lot on c2. highend2D.com is always dead. The site would be strictly a web resource, where users could submit tricks n tips, some tut's, and example scene files and plugins. I'd rather not do news clips as this increases workload exponentially - other than maybe some "Live from SIGGRAPH" reports.

So, comments? Ideas? Feedback? Willing to help?

This is just in the wild idea stage at this point and I am gathering data to see if it's even worth pursuing.

Chris
11-29-2002, 03:07 AM
Sounds like a great idea! Let me know if you need any help. :)

Fede
11-29-2002, 07:37 AM
Hey i think it's a fantastic idea.

I'll help you with what ever you need no problem.

Tuts, web, tips and tricks just ask.

let me know.

dmeyer
11-29-2002, 05:51 PM
test post with new username

jtothec
12-01-2002, 05:47 AM
count me in - i'd love to see a c2 resource that actually has some value from users rather than rehashes of the tutorials...

yeah baby!

KiboOst
12-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Yeah, although Combustion comes with good manuals and enought tutorials, I think tips n tricks and community could be fine for such a good piece of software !

Anyway, let me know if you need some help for webdesign for example.

Kib

boss10
12-01-2002, 01:59 PM
take a look there but infortunutly it's in spanish http://rbyproductions.iespana.es/rbyproductions/

X99
12-19-2002, 07:51 AM
I have a site dedicated to Max and Plasma, I would love to have Combustion users as well. If you are interested I'll create a forum and start getting some tutorials written for it. Anyone interested in my offer?

http://www.x99online.net

- Conrad

eudemonie
12-19-2002, 02:31 PM
i think there ARE enough forums!
what we need are some tutorials ...

thank you for the offer, i would like to
see your tutorials ...

--
eu

X99
12-19-2002, 05:10 PM
I'll put them hand in hand. Consider the Forum there to discuss the tutorials.

1. Who is interested in writing tutorials?
2. What do you guys want for tutorials?
3. If its keying should they contain the video files to work with?
4. Do you want tutorials that are compositing, or particles...?

You get the drift. I have an intermediate knowledge of the program as I had to take a class or two in it, but with advanced stuff I'm just a little hazed out.

If someone else would be willing to write tutorials with me, I'll format them and post no problem.

beaker
12-23-2002, 05:38 PM
I would talk to Will who runs highend2d and see if you can help build the comunity for it there. The advantage is that you allready have a huge community there and a server with a huge amount of bandwidth. Highend is allready a well known name.

MayaV
12-23-2002, 07:11 PM
hi ppl

thans to u all who gave a thought to putting a combustion forum online, i would definately like to be the part of the community and will do whatever i can to share my knowledge with people :)

regards

vivek

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.