PDA

View Full Version : FINAL RIG Bake Simulation ... ???

oneczech
01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi there,

I'm in some need to learn how to bake animation keys into the joints using Final Rig from Radiant Square in order to export the skeleton to 3DS via FBX... the problem I have is that the baking function simply does not work with this setup.

I have tested it on a very simple skeleton using IK handles ... I selected the root, set up the options to bake the entire skelet, and it nicely baked all the animation to the entire skeleton ... so later I could get rid of the IK and export it via FBX into 3DS ...

but when I wanted to do the same stuff with the FR, obviously it is more compex stuff, I have no idea what to do to get the same result ... select what to bake where ... oh nothing works and if it bakes at least anything, it does not to the joints ...

also if the baking is succesfull I would want to get rid of all the complex fearutes to end up with only the skeleton only so the FBX does not go crazy ... is that possible????

if you have some experience with FR, would you know how to achieve this? or if you know FR 2 can do such thing? I'm on OSX so I cannot test the new version yet ..

or would you know of some other good automatic rig that would be good for this stuff??

thank you

oneczech
01-12-2006, 12:19 PM
I have downloaded the Shape Bake Simulation script from Highend3d.com ... this works great for the skinned parts of the puppet ... but does not for the elements which is parented to the bones ... I could skin some of them, but EYES just would reather be parented or constrained BUT NOT SKINNED .. so is mu humble opinion.

Seems like I'm half way there .. would there be some solution for baking animation to the elements that are just parented to the skeleton so they could stay animated when the skeleton is deleted??? Just Point Oven would be great, but that is only for PCs ...

please, if you know, share it ... or try to just think of some workflow .. thank you

cloudtrix
01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey oneczech,Final Rig 1.2 uses a broken skeleton (multiple hierarchies). The bad news is that FBX does not like those type of skeletons.
The good news is that there is a work around....
1. Create a simple unbroken skeleton that matches your final rig skeleton. (Joints are in the same locations.)
2. Constrain your new skeleton to finalRig.
3. Export the information from the new skeleton.
This should work fine.

FinalRig 2.0 will offer options for generating a more fbx/mo-cap friendly skeleton.
The osx version is planned for release end of Feb.

Cheers,

Emey

oneczech
01-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Hello,

that will be great if FR 2 gets the FBX skeleton and animation data to 3DS. If having no problems, this will be a feature for gold:-) ... im looking forward to that.

Thanks for the workaround ... seems like that may work out fine if I'm bright enough to make no mistakes trying ...

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2006, 04:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.