PDA

View Full Version : Some textures not rendering (Maya)

heney
01-12-2006, 04:58 AM
I have a Maya project folder setup, and I'm trying to render out some of my scenes for a short film I'm working on. For some odd reason, the street and sidewalk textures will not render from a camera view. They will render however from a perspective view. Any ideas as to why that might be? Any thing would be great, this problem has caused me to fall behind a bit on the overall scheduele. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Interesting side note, a persp. camera at the exact same location will not render the street or the sidewalk either. This is wierd and I'm freakin' out.

FrizzleFry0
01-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Are the objects with textures on them completely disappearing from the render? Or is the shader itself just not applying?

There was a student awhile back that had this problem. His objects with particular shaders on them would not render from his 2 point camera he created. It wasn't actually the shader that was bad on it, but rather the physical geometry. For some reason I think the shape node was corrupt. We exported the bad pieces of geometry out as an .obj and when we import them back in, they worked.

heney
01-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Ok I've been experimenting and I think that it has something to do with the 3d motion blur. When I have that on the street and sidewalk disappear.

I'll have to try that export/import thing though, maybe that will help.
Thanks.

pgraham
01-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Are you using raytracing? We've had consistent problems using 3D blur and raytracing together in the maya software renderer. It may also be an issue with animation, if a keyframe causes an object to snap into place it may be visible without blur but not with blur. This might happen if the object's first keyframe is the same as the frame you're rendering.

edit: I realized, it's not the keyframe problem, since it renders okay from a different angle.

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2006, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.