PDA

View Full Version : blendshapes trouble

erpel
01-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Sometimes when I apply a blendshape, when moving the slider, the base head travels to where the target corresponding to that slider is, instead of only assunming its shape. I have had this problem a few times and I am never sure how to fix it, usually I go back to a previous file where it works and start over from there. Someone told me it may be because I did "freeze transformations" on the object but Im not sure if thats right. Is that the problem? very gratefull for any advise.

seven6ty
01-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Don't freeze transforms on your blendshape target. Also, make sure to move the blendshape node to the bottom of your heirarchy of deformers. (With the whole "show all inputs" deal.)

erpel
01-12-2006, 02:47 PM
thanks for your answer. ok I now know I should not freeze transforms. But what if I Did? is there a way to fix it after I made the mistake?

jgibz
01-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Don't freeze transforms on your blendshape target. Also, make sure to move the blendshape node to the bottom of your heirarchy of deformers. (With the whole "show all inputs" deal.)

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem.

I've looked up show all inputs on maya help, but I'm still a bit confused what to do to move the blendshape node to the bottom of your heirarchy of deformers.

do I do this in the hypergraph?

Any specifics would be great.

jgibz
01-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Ah, okay, searched for 'deformation order' and found out how to do it.

CncDnc
01-14-2006, 01:27 AM
hey im having an odd problem with this, maybe someone here can help. For some reason whenever I try to move the blend shape node below the skin cluster or the skin cluster node above the blend shape, I get this warning: skinCluster1 is not deforming polySurfaceShape115.

nothing moves or chages at all. So if skinCluster1 is not deforming the skin, why is it the only skinCluster in the inputs? The skin is obviously still deforming as well.

also, when i try to delete non-deformer history, i get a full blown error: The -prePostDeformers flag is not supported with the following node(s) in the history: polySeparate2 polySeparate1
don't know what this means, but I obviously have some separate nodes in the history from when i cut off the head for blend shapes. I guess a solution would be to go back to before i did this, but then I'd have to redo all the blend shapes.

any advice would be appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.