PDA

View Full Version : Renderman Archiving

westiemad
01-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi Guys,
Renderman newbie, so could you explain like your talking to a 5 year old.

I want to archive a shader file attached to a suface, so that i can somehow read in a random images at render time, say in the RIB. I have attached a shader and the archiver to a test object, but the archive doesn't seem to have any info in it related to the shader, e.g. the .tex file.

AnDy

mikepkes
01-16-2006, 09:33 PM
A RIB archive is just like a RIB file without all the opening stuff, such as camera info.

If you are familiar with RSL, it would actually be easier in my opinion to have several texture names read into a shader, and some sort of seed for a random (or noise, however you want to work it) function that would choose from the options. That way you could have a variable passed into the shader (such as time or frame) and then use that as a seed for the randomization function that chooses which texture to use.

If you need some info, www.fundza.com is a great resource ( it is written and constantly updated by my professor here at SCAD )

I hope this helps...

westiemad
01-17-2006, 08:06 AM
I got it sorted, I can't remember what the issue was, I use the site quite a bit at the moment.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.