PDA

View Full Version : Dumping animation from the Animation Mixer

madheavy
01-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Is there a way to dump animation that is in the Animation Mixer stored as a motion clip back to the timeline?
For example, I take motion from the timeline, like a bounce of a ball, load it into the mixer and cycle it 3 times. Is there a way to dump the entire clip (including the cycling motion) back to the timeline with all of the keyframes?
This would allow me to edit this very quickly.
Thanks in advance!

dwigfor
01-11-2006, 07:06 PM
In AM, try Clip/Freeze To New Source. Then you can right click that action and open the AnimEditor.

madheavy
01-22-2006, 02:09 AM
In AM, try Clip/Freeze To New Source. Then you can right click that action and open the AnimEditor.

Thanks !. What I did first was go to AnimMixer Track--Freeze and Replace--Then opened up the AnimEditor selected convert to standard from the Curves menu. Then I was able to go in and edit the data. Too bad it created a whole bunch of extra keyframes, but at least I was able to edit my cycling action.
Thanks.
Sorry to take so long to post this...day job...night job...wife...arrgh (not necessarily in that order)

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 02:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.