PDA

View Full Version : Character animation test

AndrewCoats
01-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey, I finished this rig recently and finished this dialogue animation to test it. Any feedback or critique would be much appreciated! Here is the link:

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3843287

THANKS!

The Funimator
01-11-2006, 07:46 AM
:applause::applause:brilliant! excellent! Very good animation man! 5 stars to you and two thumbs up. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I like how he ends the dialogue with the walk-away action and expression.... it's just so natural n smooth going.... it's just so cool! I love it! :love:
Applause once more.... :applause::applause: great work !!!
You inspire me, i got to double up my hard work now. hehe...:D

AsaMovshovitz
01-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi,

great stuff and a nice character too, what was this done for?

Asa

AndrewCoats
01-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey, thanks very much asa and funimator! I appreciate it! I stared at it for way to long and was questioning if it felt right at all. Loss of objectivity... you know how it goes. I put this character together to first learn how to rig for character animation and second do animation tests for my reel. I have plans to make a short film with him in the future, but for now he is what he is because I am in the middle of finishing my 2d student film and still have a bit left to go...

sburgoon
01-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey Andrew,

Very nice for sure. Great emotion and subtlety. Definately gives me something to shoot for ;) My only suggestion would be to take another look at the shift in weight/step to the right (camera right) that takes place on "there are simply too many notes". It looks a bit unnatural, as it is too far a shift to just be a change in weight distribution, and I can't think of a reason the character would make that step sideways without turning around more, or stopping for a bit, I don't know, just seemed weird to me. Otheriwse though, awesome.

-Sean

Capel
01-13-2006, 07:10 AM
nice work. really great. i think some secondary motion in the ears throughout the piece would really be the icing on the cake.

but regardless, great acting choices. you really nailed the arrogance. keep it up. i'm anxious to see more. :)

AndrewCoats
01-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Thanks Chris and Sean! I really appreciate the comments and crit! I have done a few changes to my test and think it is time to let this one rest. I feel very humbled that a feature animator such as yourself, Chris, would like and comment on my work! I am so glad that forums like this exist and bring animators of all levels into closer proximity to each other.

Enough of that, on to the next!!! My favorite part, THUMBNAILING AND PLANNING!! SOO much can be tried and re-tried with a piece of paper and a pencil!! It is where the magic all starts!!! I will post a new thread when I am further along.

THANKS AGAIN

cok3
01-17-2006, 05:36 AM
this is brilliant stuff andrew. You did a great job on bringing this character to life, I simply love the acting on this one. no crits from me. lookin forward to your next piece :buttrock:

Craiger
01-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Sorry for the late post on this one,,, but i just wanted to add my two cents.

I really like the acting choices through out the piece, the only thing that bugs me is the amount of anticipation, and how big the pose is for "ingenius". If you listen to the line there really isn't as much emphasis as you've put in your animation, for the ingenius part. I think something smaller for that word would help bring the whole thing together.

Other than that it looks great.

werd up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.