PDA

View Full Version : realistic tail rigging

lovaboy
01-11-2006, 05:00 AM
hi im using maya and im having a problem with getting the joints im my character setup to act like a tail draging on the floor. How do i go about doing that in the most realistic way possible?

I need some help please

seven6ty2
01-11-2006, 06:11 AM
A method I would use, make the tail a spline IK, convert that to a soft body dynamic object, or use hair, and then setup a collision object.

lovaboy
01-11-2006, 04:38 PM
how would i go about using the hair method what are the procedures

seven6ty
01-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Haven't actually worked through that one myself yet, but there's a perfect tutorial in the first Art of Rigging book, as well as a script, I do believe.

grrinc
01-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Haven't actually worked through that one myself yet, but there's a perfect tutorial in the first Art of Rigging book, as well as a script, I do believe.

This is true. The script is called cgTkDynChain I think and it is very handy indeed for this kind of stuff ( as well as setting up wobbly fat effects too ). I would most definately recommend it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.