PDA

View Full Version : low poly enviroment

dtek8
03-01-2002, 01:27 AM
This is an environment I designed, and built,,

I had a 1000 polygon limit its actually 946,

And was also limited to textures of 32x32 pixels 256 color/ or 64x64 pixels 16 color and was with a limit of no more than 20 individual textures,

And the brief said it had to be in a cartoon style,

I created it in max 4 using ps 6 for textures, about 2 months ago,,

Crit etc... Extremely appreciated, just really interested to hear what people think....

dtek
:D

dtek8
03-01-2002, 01:31 AM
err the image hasn’t appeared sorry,,, ill try and get it sorted,,

d

David Lightbown
03-01-2002, 08:53 PM
dtek so you know, I deleted your other thread, the one that was called low poly environment and had a single letter "m" in it and no replies (understandibly) :)

I'm sure this one is sufficient, once you get your image up.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I figured I'd let ya know.

dtek8
03-02-2002, 12:43 AM
David,

thanks, i was hoping somone would,,, i sent mcaron a msg asking for it to be deleted, many appologies if anyone wasted time viewing it,, :rolleyes:

bye

dtek

David Lightbown
03-02-2002, 12:49 AM
hehe no prob...

so wheres that image ?! :) hehe

dtek8
03-02-2002, 12:57 AM
in my hard drive,,, hehe!!! i need to upload it somewhere,, my web skill are currently pants however,,, i actually thought i could post it using the browse button on the post reply page to attach a file !!!!DOH!!!!

i saw a free no banners web space link on a post somewhere round here,, ill try to find it any ideas???

d:confused:

dtek8
03-04-2002, 01:03 AM
ok here it is see above text at the top,,

dtek8
03-04-2002, 01:06 AM
and the other angle,,,

David Lightbown
03-04-2002, 01:10 AM
Cool stuff ! I like it.

It would be easier to critique, since poly distribution and count is important, if you posted an image with wireframe lines on... just hit F4 in max and do a screenshot.

dtek8
03-04-2002, 01:29 AM
glad u like it,:)

here is 1 wire frame, i ll do nother showing the whole thing in a sec,,

d

dtek8
03-04-2002, 01:34 AM
ok this shows more,,,

d:D

Shogun
03-04-2002, 05:52 AM
Woah this is spooky. This was for a college project right? Its just the year above me at my college did this exact same project - design a wizards bedroom & the limits were about the same. Thing is I'm over the other side of the country to you. Maybe my tutor saw your college's project & ripped it off, unless you went to the college I'm at. My year had to do a gothic interior environment in 2000 polys & similar texture limits to yours. Wierd.

dtek8
03-04-2002, 04:43 PM
Cool,, sorry, but actually no it was nothing to do with a college it was actually a test set to me buy a games company that I send my work 2 so they could asses my skills,, maybe the college got it from the company????,,,,,,at what college r u studying??

I think the specs are pretty standard I mean 1000 polys etc,,,, I guess there just from the previous generation of consoles or something,, and wizards bedroom is just like a generic 3d scene,,, just like model a haunted house,, etc….

But hey if u have done something similar post it!!! Or do u have a link so I can see it; it would be interesting to see what other people have come up with on this brief!!!!!!

d

Shogun
03-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Maybe its just coincedence then. Either that or my tutor applied for that company once...
Anyway, here's what I did with my brief:

http://www.mikerickard.co.uk/images/gothic_view1.jpg

http://www.mikerickard.co.uk/images/gothic_view2.jpg

http://www.mikerickard.co.uk/images/gothic_view3.jpg

dtek8
03-06-2002, 05:03 AM
shogun

strange coincidence:confused:

your enviroment looks pretty cool,, was this the gothic one???

did u look into gothic architecture?

what time period did u compleet it in???

thanks for posting this really interesting to see what other people r doing in these limits,,,

wicked

dtek

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.