PDA

View Full Version : Painter Plugins

renniesize
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi

I have been using Painter for about 5 months now and love it to bits. I wondered if someone could tell me if you can get extra dynamic plugins for it? If so where would one find them?

Thanks

hentsteph
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I believe Painter takes the same plugins as Photoshop.

Jinbrown
01-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi,

If you mean by "dynamic plugins", those listed in the Dynamic Plugins drop down list at the bottom of the Layers palette, I believe the answer is no since those are part of the installed Painter software.

There are many other plugins that work in Photoshop and other graphics programs that also work in Painter. Some work with both Mac and Windows, some only with one of the two platforms.

Do a Google search for Photoshop plugins and you'll probably come up with a list of links that'll keep you busy for a long time.

Have fun!

renniesize
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the help. I have found some useful plugins that will keep me busy into the night!!

contremisart
02-08-2006, 10:07 AM
hi
a month later im replying but for those who check here, AutoFX seem to have great plugins

ThePhotographer
02-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I bought some of them, and I must say that I don't use them very much - they are extremely slow - very smart interface, but that, i can do without. If you have a look at Adobe Exchange, you will also notice that a lot of people give them quite bad critics. Some other commercial filters from other developpers also have quite bad critics by the way.

Among the filters I have, I find myself using some free ones much more than those I paid money for. Including the KPT filters by the way.

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 11:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.