PDA

View Full Version : Noise - student shortfilm

schmiddl
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone,

please take a look at my first animated shortfilm. It took me a year to finish at the University of Arts and Design in Kassel, Germany.

Synopsis:
A man is being disturbed by strange noises. In order to go to sleep he tries to eliminate them. Will he finally get some rest?

http://www.herrschmidt.tv/noisefilm.mov

Please post any critique. Thanks alot.
Martin

Nux
01-10-2006, 07:52 PM
well, i liked it actually! cool idea, and i liked the eyes a lot, really expressive!

i thought the piece was a bit dark and bland. but i suppose that was all part of the atmosphere.

nice work.

Kasserg
01-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi schmiddl,
I really like the idea for your movie (and the movie itself) a lot. the only thing that did not work for me was the lighting. i know that you are trying to have the dark contrasty lighting but few times it's just did not make sense. For example, the opening shot has a beam of light that hits the floor and partially the figure,and seems like the scene would have a bit more bounce light. then the wall behind the figure is pitch black, but the corner is light. my initial reaction is that either the corner should be dark, or the black part of the wall should be lighter. it does not have to be so light as to compete with the figure but the black is too much.
hope that helps.
good luck.

lostPin
01-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Nice work! Quite an interesting idea, in the attempt to run away from the annoying sound, we trap ourselves in our own prison and the person/thing we are really running from is ourselves in the first place. Close enough:)? Great work, bring on the festivals;)!

schmiddl
01-13-2006, 09:03 AM
well, thanks alot for your comments! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.