PDA

View Full Version : About using flex in deformations

Madis Laiapea
01-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi All! I am a new messiah:animate user. Just bought it few weeks ago and trying it out now and have already fell in love with it. My earlier rigging & animation experience was in maya. But I was always very unsatisfied with the linear workflow and the need to always repaint ( actually renumber manually ) deformation weights. So messiah was a really great discovery for me.

I looked that nice short tutorial in pmg homepage tutorials section about using flex to make deformation like elbow better ( tutorial is with Butch character ). But this tutorial does not explain how to parent flex points into the arm joint so it moves with the arm. When i simply parent it to arm it does not influence the mesh anymore and vice versa - when it is created ( and parented ) below mesh, it stays still when animating hand and holds the mesh it influences too. So anyone, who knows the solution, please let me know.

Thanks!

Wegg
01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I can't remember seeing that particular video tutorial but I think it is as simple as just parenting the points on your flex motion curve to the different bones. No?

Madis Laiapea
01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the tip, Wegg. It works. That was the only thing I did not tried to do and now this solution seems so logical. How did I missed it? :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.