PDA

View Full Version : CMI flame effect...Your turn I give up

strosek
01-10-2006, 06:05 AM
http://s100514932.onlinehome.us/Flame%20effact.zip

It was a failed project I asked for the flame effect and that is what I got. his reply was well less then what I hoped for. the source files are in there tho I redid it in jpeg format his files should you want them are in high tga format....

Maybe someone else can have better luck getting the flame effect as seen here to work in shake.

http://www.cmivfx.com/m/SpeedSixLaunch.mov

if you get it to work plz post your .snk file. I paid for script tho its not the effect I was looking for and to be honest its far from it....good luck guys

demislw
01-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi,

This script isn't exactly the same effect as the one in the CMI demo, but its definitely down the same kinda path and I'm pretty sure you could modify and add to it so that it gets pretty damn close.

One of the main differences right away is that the aurora is used more as a visible layer in the CMI demo, but in this script it is used to assist in distorting the logo. Adding another branch (with colour correct / edge-detect etc.) from the aurora down to the bottom end of the script somewhere and adding it in as a visible layer might get you closer to the effect. The dissolve itself is a little different, but i reckon you could animate the curvey background roto to fake that a bit. There also seems to be no glow or rays in your script, so you might want to add those in somewhere.

Definitely not the same, but with a bit of fiddling around you could get it looking a little closer. Even just changing all the yellows/reds to blues made it look a little better already, but definitely keeping the aurora visible and animating the dissolving stuff a little better will get you a step or two closer.

Cheers
Demis

strosek
01-17-2006, 02:23 AM
Hi thanks for your reply. I bought shake when I was in the navy and I am a home user and thats it. I do not know shake at all to understand alot of what you said. This script is about 4 months old chris and I both sent more then 60 E-mail back an forth and he said He did not know I wanted the effect 100% the same. well I did. and This is what I got. he even spent more time then what I paid for so. Thats why I posted the script. I was hopeing someone like your self could mod the script I paid for and send me a new script so I can "see" what you did to make it better. again I am just a 24 old kid that likes effects and spent the money. as for the edge rays....its in there its called manga. thats the edge rays....

thanks for your reply and I hope someone can do this because I have tryed for 4 months and I still can't get it down. =(

help me plz.

demislw
01-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi,

The key thing you should focus on is the part at the very beginning of that CMI video : he's already rendered out a nice particle matte. To me, thats the part that really makes the effect look good washing in and out. You should mess around with additional software that can do that sort of particle generation for you, as the rest (glows/rays/colors) aren't so tough, and shake doesn't really generate particles in the same way the Discreet apps do or something like Particle Illusion.

I wouldn't use that manga macro for your rays either - if you want to splurge, GenArts Sapphire has a nice edge-rays plug-in that achieves the rays result you're after.

Cheers
D

timWalker
01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey Strosek,
A key thing to maybe think about is learning shake without someone creating scripts for you. Im not being rude or anything here, im just saying that learing how to use shake and then recreating this effect yourself, will no doubt be extremely useful. Theres a fair few good tutorials around today and of course theres the shake docs!!

Vympel
01-17-2006, 01:59 PM
The logo use a matte with particles animation as demislw said, this makes much difference in the final effect, the initial part isthe most important for animation of effect. Can you post a screen of your node tree

strosek
01-23-2006, 02:42 AM
this effect snk script is more then 3 months old I have tryed to do it myself I have changed things I DO NOT know flat out how to do it. thats why I gave up on it because I am at the point were I can not do it on my own.

the script is in the file I listed as a download in my first post with the source files.

have at it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 02:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.