PDA

View Full Version : Help Me With This!

Ozoka
01-10-2006, 03:22 AM
Hey im have'n problems with the old shave and haircut hear where i posted it http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=112947#post112947

Shave and Haircut
Hey everyone this question is gonna be a old one i guess... im use shave and haircut 1.3 for lw, when I do preview render it looks really good....but when i render it in LW is looks like crap. OO and there looks like there is something wrong with the perspective

biliousfrog
01-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Sorry can't help with your problem but it's worth noting that people without a spinquad registration will not be able to view that link.....& I guess that people with a spinquad registration will already have seen it. Post the pics & details here.

Ozoka
01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
ok here it is

Ozoka
01-12-2006, 10:47 PM
nobody huh?

PerfectLine
01-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm interesting.

It looks good to me but I think I se what you mean about the preview vs the render.

I use Sasquatch so I can't really testify about S&H.

The preview looks like it is globally lit with a white sphere and the render looks like it is using a distance light.

Not sure about it though. How is the scene lit and does it apply that to the previewer or does the previewer have its own lighting settings?

Ozoka
01-14-2006, 05:08 AM
i remember reading that joe or somebody had a plugin were the shave hair files or the guides are exported out to use for sasquatch..has anybody heard about that.

kevman3d
01-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Remember that the Preview is an OpenGL preview, not a LW rendered one - Its gonna look different given its in the Shave GUI, and not using the same lighting as LW anyway...

Shave creates real nice hair - I loved it when I started to use it - But around LW7 time, I recall the pixel buffers were all screwed and the shadows appear in incorrect and flakey locations.

I suspect this is another of your problems... Sadly You can't fix it - Shave was discontinued around the same time we bought it.

dies-irae
01-14-2006, 12:31 PM
the camera perspective problem is, well, your camera. Set it up to work differently (change the zoom properties to something else than the standard value. If you want no perspective distortion at all, set it to a focal length of 50mm so it reproduces a standard 50mm photography lens)

as for the illumination problem, add some lights to your scene and it'll literally light up all around :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.