PDA

View Full Version : How do I merge Layers

depleteD
01-10-2006, 04:14 AM
Hey guys, how can I merge layers, I can drop them onto the canvas but i dont want to do that, I want to drop it to a layer above canvas. Is this le possi-bleh?

-Andrew

Somhairle
01-10-2006, 06:05 AM
shift select the layers you want to merge. hit CTRL+g to group them, then CTRL+SHIFT+x to merge them. it's a bit laboursome but thats the way.

- Sam

opus13
01-10-2006, 06:06 AM
ctrl-e merges selected layers, ctr-shift-e merges the current layer with layers underneath, at least in CS2 it is done like that, otherwise it might operate slightly differently (no multiple layer selection in earlier versions)

kraal
01-10-2006, 07:02 AM
cs2 isnt painter just to keep people from being confused by this post

Philippec
01-10-2006, 02:01 PM
ctrl-e merges selected layers, ctr-shift-e merges the current layer with layers underneath, at least in CS2 it is done like that...

In Painter, you have to Group before you Merge. It's an annoying difference between Photoshop and Painter.

Note that you can remap the shortcut keys in Painter to be the same as Photoshop, at least for the merging part (ctrl-e). Just remember to press ctrl-g before
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2006, 02:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.