PDA

View Full Version : Wacom launches Intuos3 12X12 and 12X19

umfridus
01-09-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.wacom.com/frontpage_img/A_slot_12x19.jpg

Wacom Technology Corp. on Monday announced larger format Intuos3 (http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/intuos.cfm) pen tablet systems for Macs and PCs. The 12x19 model carries a price of $749.95. A new 12x12 model has also been announced, for $529.95.

The Intuos3 12x19 has been created for photographers, designers and other creative pros who use multiple large monitors or widescreen displays, according to Wacom. It features an active area with an aspect ratio that matches a widescreen display.

The new Intuos3 is finished in satin grey, and measures about 17 x 24 inches (the 12 x 19 refers to the active area on the tablet). It includes a battery-free grip pen, 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity, “ExpressKeys” for modifier keystrokes and shortcuts and finger-sensitive “Touch Strips” to scroll, zoom and control brush size.

Wacom also introduced the Intuos3 12x12, a square pen tablet more designed for the Computer Aided Design (CAD) industry. The square size is used to appeal to engineers who need to insert templates under the tablet’s translucent overlay to digitize. It features all of the same features as other Intuos3 tablets, according to Wacom.

In related news, Wacom has introduced the $69.95 Intuos3 Lens Cursor. It’s a battery-free five-button mouse that is designed to work with Intuos3 tablets. It features an adjustable crosshair, suited for use by CAD engineers and others who are doing detailed digitizing. Also available is the 6D Art Pen, a $69.95 accessory that assists artists with creating free-flowing brush strokes by support six dimensions of control, helping to recreate a more natural media experience for pen tablet users. It works with Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2 and Corel Painter IX. More details about these accessories are available from Wacom’s Web site (http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/accessories.cfm).

System requirements for the new Intuos3 models call for Mac OS X v10.2.6 or later, a powered USB port, CD-ROM drive and color display.

(From Macworld News)

DrFx
01-09-2006, 09:00 PM
That's got some serious drool factor right there!
Time to get a bigger desk!
:drool::drool::drool:

Beamtracer
01-09-2006, 09:31 PM
oiyoiyoi

I bought the 12x9 three weeks ago. I knew a widescreen model was coming, but I didn't know it would be that big!

Good move from Wacom, as I think many people these days have either widescreen or twin monitors.

Mahlon
01-10-2006, 02:49 AM
I'm waiting for another model in the cintiq line. At the moment, they just have the high end and low-end covered. They should introduce a 17" or 19" (16x9) cintiq with the features of the 21UX. That would be great. Because the 21 UX is just too darn big. And the 17" cintiq doesn't have the features. Or maybe if they introduced a tablet PC. Now, wouldn't that be cool?

M.

Hugh-Jass
01-10-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm waiting for another model in the cintiq line. At the moment, they just have the high end and low-end covered. They should introduce a 17" or 19" (16x9) cintiq with the features of the 21UX. That would be great. Because the 21 UX is just too darn big. And the 17" cintiq doesn't have the features. Or maybe if they introduced a tablet PC. Now, wouldn't that be cool?

M.

a lot of tablet pcs are wacom under the hood... "penabled " but they are 256 levels of sensitivity... and most of those tablet pc s have low screen res (XGA)

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2006, 02:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.