PDA

View Full Version : drawing mask for a movie

zoc
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I people... I've got a problem. I don't understand how to draw a mask for each frame of a movie where a man walk around other people. Or is there another and less impegnative method?
thansk a lot.

Vympel
01-09-2006, 06:38 PM
wich is the problem with mask, animate, create?. In some situations you can use difference keyers or isolate channels to create a matte

zoc
01-09-2006, 07:29 PM
In this case i couldn't make the matte... so i draw the mask, but in the timeline, when i open the mask level i don't find how to keyframe the mask... or the possiblity to redraw the mask...
thanks!

dbates
01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
You mean how to animate a mask over time? Click the stopwatch for the "Mask Shape" attribute and then move the individual mask points. It can take quite a while sometimes. . .

zoc
01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
thanks guy, you're wight!!
but if i have to redraw another mask with a different number of point?

payton
01-10-2006, 09:04 AM
in this case you need to draw the mask in the footage-window instead of the comp-window. choose "target: mask XX" at the bottom of the footage-window. this will overwrite the existing mask shape instead of adding a new mask.
good luck.
payton

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2006, 09:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.