PDA

View Full Version : Pinata Test

mandark1011
01-08-2006, 09:38 AM
This is a continueation from thread http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=307867

On it i asked how Pixar made there card system for "For the Birds"

I am trying to figure out the best way to make a hair system that resembles a pinata.

I think im on the right track but im always open to suggestions from anyone who has them

here is what i have so far

www.isotopic.org/PinataComp.zip (http://www.isotopic.org/PinataComp.zip)

Im thinking at this point im going to redo it and try some new ideas ill repost later with a textured version of the new system.

Thanks to all

AndersEgleus
01-08-2006, 11:55 AM
I think it's looking great so far. Care to elaborate on how you achieved that wavy control over the cards?

mandark1011
01-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I used a hair system that i output as curves. Then in this case I lofted between the curves at intervals, although i think im going to create a poly ring next time. After that i duplicated the geometry with input conections on or dup graph or the other one i always forget, clicked instance then moved each up or down and to the side.

Its still very primitive and i havent figured out exactly how im going to texture it, I was thinking of using a small file on all then breaking the shaders into poly rings(which will include the instances) and using the 2d texture node to decide which part of a layered overlay they would recieve. (theory at this point).

AND anyone with some hints on a nifty expression or something for instanced geo so they arent as active incrementally as the original.... so i could get the same effect as "joint feathering?" ... so i could get some depth like layered feathers! Id appreciate any and all comments

OK.. thats the end of my rant for now! More to follow on mark II
thanks for the reply

eek
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
your getting intersection and it looks as if the cards are scaling - are you gunna handle where the feathers go via a grey scale map, so essential it can be bald in places. The intersection i dont know, hmm... maybe some dynamics or script that tells where the featheres are at frames and adjust them to compensate. More thinking...

eek

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.