PDA

View Full Version : The teapot test

TonyL
01-07-2006, 08:24 AM
As a Mac user, and one who has pre-ordered both the Maxwell RC and Final Render, is the teapot test related to how much tea we can drink before either of these is delivered?

Has anyone heard anything regarding the delivery of these for Mac? Or should I change to coffee? Saw a thread this morning that implied that all news was bad rather than good.

TL

JamesMK
01-07-2006, 08:47 AM
As far as Final Render for Mac, I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to be worried. The development seems to be well underway, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's an official announcement about its availability in a very near future.

About M~R... well, that seems to be a different story...

ChrisCousins
01-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Has anyone heard anything regarding the delivery of these for Mac? Or should I change to coffee? Saw a thread this morning that implied that all news was bad rather than good...

Guess you mean this:
NO there is no specific time frame yet.
As soon as we can see some light at the end of the tunnel we'll let you know for sure.
The problem we have is working on the many networking dependencies we have in there and also the bitmap functions. Right now we do use a good deal of windows bitmap functions. So this means we need to use Apple OSX equivalents right now .... and so on
edwin

Pretty disappointing for a product that was meant to ship "around a month" after the PC version, it's understandable that there would be specific Mac related problems but this isn't promising for how we'll be treated in future iterations of the product, it's a bit worrying to be honest.

Atleast we get a prolonged cool-off period, to see if the PC guys are happy with the product. The arch-viz stuff and fast GI looks great, but it was the shader tree that really flicked my switch, and to be honest the examples so far from this have been pretty lack-lustre (no offense to the people who've posted examples!), so atleast we get the extra time to reconsider!

Seeyou - C

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2006, 01:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.