PDA

View Full Version : cartoon network lighting

ARI-PANZER
01-07-2006, 03:56 AM
does anyone know who did the lighting on the cartoon network comercial when the 2-d characters are in 3-d backgrounds, it looks super good nad i'd like to get into contact with them.

Wiro
01-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks a lot, =Ari= nice to hear our work is appreaciated if not on a large scale ;)
The folks working on the Cartoon Network bumps are a tiny group of 4-6 3d artists (including me) and 3 compers at Animal Logic.

Feel free to shoot off any questions

Wiro

ARI-PANZER
01-16-2006, 10:22 AM
good golly thanks for replying this forum is amazing, i was wondering how you get the lights and shadows to look so soft as if its a sunrise. it has a real feeling but still looks like a painting i havent seen any thing else quite like it. would it be telling to say something about the rig?

thanks alot for replying i appreciate it ImmEnsely

ari

Wiro
01-18-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm not sure which bumps you might refer to since we've not only done sunrises. We use a lot of GI and also exaggerate and grade skylight and mainlights in post which helps creating a softer look.
Could you explain what you mean?

Wiro

ARI-PANZER
01-24-2006, 11:23 AM
um, well all the shadows are nice and soft,the lighting is very subtle and all the backgrounds look as if there cartoon real. how do you achieve that kind of look?

cheers,

ari

Wiro
01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
The lighting has a lot to do with it, like I said the GI bouncelights add a lot to that feel, especially when exaggerated a little (by boosting their saturation). But most of it comes from post work; colour corrections, adding faint glows to bright areas, tinting shadows, adding fog/haze, etc :)

Wiro

Lerr
02-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Saw the subject line of this thread and it reminded me of how much I like the
lighting you guys have achieved in those renders.
Great job! Every time I see them I just say wow.

Can u reveal what software your using for the shots?

JDex
02-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Is there anywhere to view the spots online. I rarely get a chance to watch CN anymore.

Chico
02-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Would someone be so kind to either post an image or two, or direct me to a site where I could see what the images look like?
Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2006, 11:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.