PDA

View Full Version : How to protect my Photoshop images from being edited?

stavrevstefan
01-07-2006, 02:33 AM
How to protect my Photoshop images from being edited?

Whipyo
01-07-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Are you trying to stop other people from editing your photoshop files or just trying to protect the file so you can't save over it?

As far as I know, once the file has been passed on to someone else, there is nothing you can do to stop them editing it. You could always flatten the file so they cant access individual layers but they could still edit that too.

If you are trying to protect the file from yourself then just lock it.

Whipyo

izam
01-20-2006, 02:46 AM
what you can do is, just put a watermark on that image.

th3dark0ne
01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Yep, i would use LOTS of watermarks.

Whipyo
01-24-2006, 11:55 PM
You can also save the PSD as a Photoshop PDF (with preserve editing capabilities enabled).

Images saved this way can still be viewed and printed but not edited (depending on what security options you enabled).

There may be ways of getting around the security. Technically, if you can view an image you could make a snapshot of it and edit that, but you won't have access to the layers. I'm sure there are other ways too.

I can't remember if the Photoshop PDF was introduced in PS vers 6 or vers 7. It wont work in earlier versions.

Whipyo

Gremlin
01-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I remember some website had some snazzy graphics I wanted to play with in photoshop--everytime I loaded them up, they were scrambled. :curious: Even if I did "Print Screen" ...you should look into that.

Charlie Hustle
01-25-2006, 02:38 AM
I remember some website had some snazzy graphics I wanted to play with in photoshop--everytime I loaded them up, they were scrambled. :curious: Even if I did "Print Screen" ...you should look into that.
wow, graphics you cant even screenshot?

do you remember the url?

Gremlin
01-25-2006, 02:59 AM
Actually yes...

I just remembered, it was on www.3d.sk (http://www.3d.sk/); I was trying to use a sample on the website without the watermark :blush: but to no avail...

you can talk to the creator, he's pretty active about answering emails--and find out how he's encryting his pictures like that...infact, let me know if you find out seeing as it's helpful for any artist since some people are known to take direct credit for an image they didn't make.

...but if they can't save or even screenshot it, heh--no soup for them.:thumbsup:

FYI: I did have a membership to 3d.sk for numerous months--almost two years, but I had jus canceled it seeing how I didn't use it that much; and thats exactly when I needed a reference lol... I'm not a complete crook!

BlueFlare
01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Not that I need any of these images, but I tried what you said and didn't have any problem.

archerion
01-27-2006, 04:43 AM
I just went to that site , i was able to save the picture and view them it didnt scramble.. I use firefox not IE

only thing was the watermark.

naik
01-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Sorry but in my view it is always possible to take a snapshot of any picture. Because the snapshot function (in windows) has nothing to do with the encryption way/style/function of a picture...

my two cents...

dev2000
01-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure trying to stop a screen capture is a losing battle. Maybe the photoshop watermark can help a little.

Depending on the usage, adding a disclaimer may be a good idea:

2006 Stefan Stavrev. All Rights Reserved. Images may not be reproduced without the express prior written permission of Stefan Stavrev.

Or similar. vbmenu_register("postmenu_2961625", true);

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.