PDA

View Full Version : Rust Materials

OZ
11-27-2002, 10:01 PM
I need to make a good rust material 4 a new project.....after a couple of test this is the result........please,tell me what you think.....this material...looks like rust metal to you ?

Rudity
11-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Yeah know Oz to me it doesn't. But i've never seen a rusty head sculpture before.
Put it on something that is more likely to have rusty metal on it like a metal beam or something.
That should help me judge it better.
:)

But hell its a good material.
Ill check back in a bit.

Love your work Oz. Big fan.
Later
Rudity

PhilOsirus
11-27-2002, 11:16 PM
No to me it looks like dry paint of various colors. And it depends what you are going for too. Some srtucture under the see would have rust in a different way than rust on a car. All I can say is look at more reference pictures:)

pearson
11-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Well...I think the problem for me is that there is green in it. This suggests that the surface is copper, but then you have red/orange in there, which only happens with iron. I think the pattern is amazing, just tweak the colors!
:bounce:

The Time Serpent
11-27-2002, 11:47 PM
its looks like old bronze..... if thats what u tried to achieve the cool:thumbsup:

sixtyten
11-28-2002, 02:33 AM
i may be no expert, but to me the bump mapping seems to regular and uniform, perhaps a greater diference in the size range of the bumps would give mor realism.

and i agree with the copper/iron colour comment.

Word.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.