PDA

View Full Version : How to create loops of the beam effect???

stavrevstefan
01-06-2006, 07:08 PM
How to create loops of the beam effect???I can create loops but like the laser is coming back not constantly coming new rays...

Mylenium
01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
How to create loops of the beam effect???I can create loops but like the laser is coming back not constantly coming new rays...

I have no idea what you are talking about... Do you mean ring structures ("pulses") in the laser beam or shall it repeat with a certain timing?

Mylenium

stavrevstefan
01-06-2006, 10:04 PM
The beam effect generates laser with form of a simple line or user-defined line...

I can make loops! yes... But the laser goes from start point to end point and you have to return it to start point to start loop.I can't make it generates new lasers over and over again...I can have only one shot .

Did you understand me now?

Mylenium
01-07-2006, 10:32 AM
The beam effect generates laser with form of a simple line or user-defined line...

I can make loops! yes... But the laser goes from start point to end point and you have to return it to start point to start loop.I can't make it generates new lasers over and over again...I can have only one shot .

Did you understand me now?

Apply this expression to the "Time" property of the Beam effect:

rate=0.2;

my_time=time%rate;
my_time=linear(my_time,0,rate,0,100);

[my_time]

This will fire out an infinite series of beams. Use the "rate" to control how often a ray is fired (in seconds).

Mylenium

stavrevstefan
01-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Never thoght i can do this in After effects.Where do you find this stuff?If there is a good tutorial that would help me for this please tell me and...

THANKS A LOT MAN

Mylenium
01-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Never thoght i can do this in After effects.Where do you find this stuff?If there is a good tutorial that would help me for this please tell me and...

THANKS A LOT MAN

Expressions are based on JavaSCript/ ECMA Script. You can find some basic stuff in the docs. For more detailed explanations try to get your hands on a good JavaScript reference book. Since JavaScript is widely used on the web, you can also find many resources there and modify them for your purposes. Other than that all that's required is a little imagination and ability to translate realworld stuff into abstract math.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2006, 02:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.