PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton, the final fight

doc_thelegend
01-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi guys, it's been a long time, my biped fighting is finished.
I officially post my work today. :beer:

http://www.cdomoraud.com/video/bip_fightv.mov

raelbr
01-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Man....... this is A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Do you have more!??????

Congratulations!

raelbr
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
i played it now for the 18th time........
i loved it! :-O

i want more! i want more! i want more!

doc_thelegend
01-08-2006, 12:47 AM
i played it now for the 18th time........
i loved it! :-O

i want more! i want more! i want more!

LoL thank you man! I'll do more when i got the time :thumbsup:

HappyToast
01-08-2006, 03:20 PM
That's excellent, is it all keyframed?
Theres a lovely sense of impact and weight to the punches.
Some of the falling motion looks like it is created with endorphin, is this the case?

Chris

droidoz
01-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Great animation! Were you inspired by one specific scene in a movie or did you choreograph everything yourself? ALso, the cinematography is really good!

Cheers!

ragdoll
01-08-2006, 05:24 PM
is it all keyframed? :eek:

wow! mee likey a lot!!! :applause:

-rj

doc_thelegend
01-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Thank you very much guys, yes, all in this animation is keyframed, I choreographed everything myself except the first kick, i had a very good martial art video refenrence, so after that, i made a story board for all (i do martial art so it helped me alot to create some moves).
It tooks 1 month of hard work at "NAD center" school. I worked with 3ds max "character studio"

Thank you veru much for your replies! :wavey: :thumbsup:

EternalArt
01-08-2006, 10:54 PM
great animation man ... what the software you are used ;)
But i think it's a mocap not animation hand ... is this true

jowens
01-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Nice!

That was a well executed animation, all the motions look great. I don't have any crits to give, just props :)

I think it's really neat how much of a story is being told with such simple human stand-ins, very cool.

-J

The Funimator
01-09-2006, 02:43 AM
very good indeed.... keep up man! :thumbsup:

D-Alexander
01-09-2006, 06:15 AM
This is Really an amazing animation it has better choerography than most movies, would you be able to give some insight on the rendering?

to Eternal Art:
Thank you very much guys, yes, all in this animation is keyframed, I choreographed everything myself except the first kick, i had a very good martial art video refenrence, so after that, i made a story board for all (i do martial art so it helped me alot to create some moves).
It tooks 1 month of hard work at "NAD center" school. I worked with 3ds max "character studio"

SOE digital
01-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Loved the Muay Thai knee into the guy's chest. Brilliant :)
Anyhoo, have you considered rendering this out in a non cartoon way?

Sherif.Nagib
01-09-2006, 12:17 PM
wow ! that was nice :)
gr8 job with the choerography and cameras.

lostPin
01-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Very, very...painful:)! Kidding, excellent animation, fast choreography, I like the slow motion parts. Quite effective. But there is no motion blur, right? It gives quite a strange, unusual look. Nice job!

Saihtam
01-09-2006, 04:05 PM
great animation, congratulation!

amannin
01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
After scrubbing through it, the only thing I thought maybe could have used more impact, was at about 4sec, where he blocks the guy with the club, and upper-cuts him to the abdominal area, I think arching his back as he upper-cuts would make it appear more strainuous, and more painful on his opponent.

I realize it's going very fast, and you probably wouldn't put it as much power into a fast punch like that --- but I think it would look cool if you were to maybe slow down (or not, might ruin the flow) and arc his back and put some more Oomph! into his punch.

But like I said, it might ruin the fast-paced flow you have -- so maybe not.

I really like it. I am planning on doing a choreographed *sp?* fight scene myself eventually, so I'm glad I came across your "final fight." I think you executed it really well. :applause:

Greyfox
01-10-2006, 02:39 AM
WOW! simply amazing animation ... Great work ... I loved every second of it and the stylized render you did is just beautiful to the eyes. Congrats!

foofinu
01-10-2006, 04:57 AM
LOL! I love it! VERY nice work! It's also good to see another character studio animator do his thing. Keep it up!

kakatekoyi
01-10-2006, 10:11 AM
nice camera works, those fight look natural n the fall look really as good as using endorphin

LeBryan
01-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey!

great animation, the movements are really realistic and believable!

how do you do those renders? I love the style very much, can you tell me? Thanks :)

SOE digital
01-10-2006, 10:32 AM
My only gripe with the whole thing is the camera work. Not a fan. I prefer fist fights to be "filmed" in a hand held style, not sweeping cliche matrix motions.
Each to their own I guess.

Graboid
01-10-2006, 03:57 PM
I thought it was excellent. Great impact and nicely choreographed. I like the toon shader to, works well on this.

If I was being reeee-ally picky then I would say that the ending seems to go into slow-mo. It'd be good to get his head look around with a bit more purpose and maybe drop his arms a tad faster. Its almost as if you thought you were finished and stopped a few frames to early.

But like I said thats being way too picky! Great work!

doc_thelegend
01-10-2006, 11:25 PM
WOW guys, ièm so happy to see you like my work! Thanks alot

"SOE digital" i understand your comment but, believe me, i tried a hand cam style, but nobody read the motion, it was shaking at all time, and it was really dizzy. This is the reason i chose a "matrix"style cam.

"amannin" Yes it because it's too fast to exaggerate this punch. And to be honest this is the part i never approved to myself when i was working on it, but time was running and running fast!

About the render: It's a combination of VRAY and "basic" Final Toon.

-Indirect illumination
-Antialias
-IE sunlight
-little work on the materials (fallof, orennayar blinn...Not too copmplicated)

Hhihihii :thumbsup:

LeBryan
01-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Wow...

did you record yourself doing the fights with a video camera for reference? It'll be fun to watch those videos hehe

Lambchopo
01-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Nice job. Keep it up man.

mike0006
01-23-2006, 03:38 AM
One thing I don't like is that in the renders it looks like you have ghosting turned on. (Dunno what it's called in 3d Studio) Other than that, I love it! :thumbsup:

morphius-ms
01-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Great Job I really like it... the only time I found a problem with it was when I went through it really slowly... and even then I only found one problem(well that I had with it)...

After the first kick... when the second guy swings his club and the main character ducks and punches the guy in the gut... that is where I found the problem I had... it almost looked as though (and this may be just the camera angle) the main characters arm went through the second guys arm... (that and it may just be too fast for many people to notice it or to bother with it)...

again it may just be the camera angle...

Other than that I didn't find a damn thing wrong with it :bounce: :applause:

Great animation...

agreenster
01-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Hey man nice work.

One question, did you edit this in Vegas?

lehmi
01-24-2006, 09:03 AM
damn good animation!

I wish you would have made an environment around them. Looks so great.

The camera change and slomo really fits!

Rock super solid animation, this deserves nice characters and a great environment!
5 stars

doc_thelegend
01-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks alot everybody! :wavey:

"morphius_ms" you got the eyes! it's true, the main characters arm went through the second guys arm...hihihi, i decided to keep it like this, because just one person in my friend's school noticed that 1/75 people.

Cool, i'm working on an another personal project!it will take time but, with your great commentaries, i will keep it up guys! Thank you :bounce: :thumbsup:

OneSharpMarble
02-23-2006, 07:36 PM
I know this thread is a little old but I have to say damn! I don't normally give stars but this is right up there.

Come back doc and give us some more!

doc_thelegend
02-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks alot OneSharpMarble, i'm doing some new stuff! :p
it'll be ready soon

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 09:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.