PDA

View Full Version : SDK - Noob :D

gavinb
01-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey ppl and coders (same thing i guess :) )

i want to get take a look at creating plugins for c4d but i'm away from home for a week or so, is it poss for one of u nice ppl to do me a favor and just create a simple c++ project that would compile under vc++ (even if only just the main cpp file) that simply creates a plugin and registers it in c4d, just the bare code, one that doesnt do n e thing else? maybe a videopost plugin or something? then zip it up for me to d/l to my pda to browse thu :)

thanks in advance

Srek
01-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Examples like this are already part of the SDK and it's documentation.
Cheers
Björn

gavinb
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
T'is quiet possibly true, but the demo of C4D is a big download for a mobile phone dont ya agree :D

Srek
01-06-2006, 02:08 PM
How do you want to be able to create a plugin without having the main app at least as a demo?

gavinb
01-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Lol, as the first post says,

one that doesnt do n e thing else? maybe a videopost plugin or something? then zip it up for me to d/l to my pda to browse thu

i dont want to create the plugin on my PDA i just want to look at the code and read thru it untill i can return home, i've been using c++ long enough to know i cant go ahead and create the plugin on my PDA, but nothing wrong with homework ....

Geespot
01-06-2006, 06:44 PM
The thing is, there really isn't anything to look at - in the bare code

Its just a couple of de/initialization functions - so small I could even paste the 10 or so lines.

You might aswell just look at the SDK docs, you would get alot more information than the bare code

gavinb
01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
ok, would u copy paste it? i cant run the extracted html on pda, just not formated correctly and chm doesnt run at all, i'm just impatient. may well look alot similar in comparison to maxsdk i guess but .....

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.