PDA

View Full Version : Sir Richard Branson to launch Virgin Animation

RobertoOrtiz
01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Quote:
"Richard Branson is getting into the comicbook business via his Virgin Books. Branson is teaming up with Deepak Chopra, filmmaker Shekhar Kapur and Gotham Entertainment Group to launch Virgin Comics and Virgin Animation. "

"The new companies will "focus primarily on Asia as an area to inspire and create content and drive revenue, though the operation intends to reach a global audience. In addition to creating and publishing comics, the principals plan to take their properties and characters and parlay them into movies, animation, toys, videogames and consumer products."

>>LINK<< (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Comics&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270363&obj_id=50410)

-R

Fasty
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Deepak Chopra?? Sounds pretty cool though.

tufif
01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Will the animators be getting any fancy perks, like pehaps free rides in one of the company space ships? ;)

halo
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Will the animators be getting any fancy perks, like pehaps free rides in one of the company space ships? ;)

see, every now and then everyone types something that really makes you double take...

"the company spaceships"...eh, thats something out of the 21st century?...oh hang on, it is...:D

should be interesting to see how Branson's passion and drive for success matches with the artistic...looks to be more of an IP nursery from that article than just a studio.

indiariaz
01-11-2006, 07:10 AM
India recently made a animation feature titled HANUMAN who is the Monkey God. It made money in India.

Branson have been influenced by this trend.

i would like to send my resume to this start-up for their NYC office. Does anybody have an address? i like the idea of creating Asia's new Mickey and Minnie
rgds
indiriaz

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2006, 07:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.