PDA

View Full Version : What is your Cg fear?

Simon
01-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Today, I sat down and modeled and rigged some tank tracks. I have never been able to do this before as getting good reference impossible for me, then my mind just seazes up at the whole complexity of it all. Anyhoo, today out of the blue I made a Panzer, and had to confront my biggest nightmare. I've tried lots of times, and given up usually.

I know some people who would never ever rig a character, others who cant and won't uv map...

So what are your cg fears?

-Simon

http://www.machinestudios.co.uk/hosted/tracks.jpg

TheIvIaxx
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
complex mechanical objects. They seem so easy, yet pose the biggest problems for me. It pushes me to almost be an engineer on something that has never been made.

Cyborgguineapig
01-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Scripting, coding, mel ect...

I've taken two Mel script courses and can still barely understand when or how to use it to my advantage. After aquiring special overtime help with it I have concluded that its not a matter of being taught it but a matter with my brain and the way it works not allowing me to grasp the concepts. Mental handicap perhaps. I just believe some people are meant for it and some not. In art, something can only be 25% correct and still work out for the better, in mel, if its 99.9% correct, it still doesn't work and is wrong..

$0.02

ndat
01-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Modeling and rigging a super realistic human, I mean down to the little hairs on your arm and muscle movements when you move, tendons, organ systems, everything that is in a real human. Then on top of that making it look real, well acctually thats what I want to do but it is still a scary task for one person.

DrQuincy
01-05-2006, 10:12 PM
For me it's anything human. Any character modelling I've done always ends up being aliens or robots so I can get away without having to make them realistically human. When I see some photorealstic characters on this site I am in complete awe of them. Maybe I'll tackle this fear one day . . .

arvid
01-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Worst-case scenario match moving.

Recieving a shot that is virtually untrackable so you'd have to resort to manual frame-by-frame matching, it's such an easy problem that anyone understands what to do, yet so hard to master that it takes years and years of experience to even get decent results of a really difficult case. Small moves are always the worst, slipping may be easily noticable even though it's almost spot on.

EricDLegare
01-05-2006, 11:08 PM
I know some people who would never ever rig a character, others who cant and won't uv map...

Well, give me both of them :arteest:

I never tried Unwrapping a character ( too scary for the animator I am :eek: )

Rigging? Well let's say that skinning a character was not a good experience for me :surprised

Michael5188
01-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Painting textures scares me, I'm struggling to learn how.

eek
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Max 8's retargetting window. If hell were a UI this is it!

eek

meyers3d
01-05-2006, 11:48 PM
biggest fear is trying to land that first job...u dont know where, what or how it is going to be.

danimat0r
01-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Walk. Cycles.

I'm not even particularly bad at them, but they just give me the heebie jeebies. Making something so precise that has to look good from every concievable angle is an animator's nightmare.

mummey
01-06-2006, 04:25 AM
Story concepts for animated shorts. They're a bitch to come up with, and they NEVER seem good enough.

Canadianboy
01-06-2006, 04:54 AM
not ebing able to come back to cgtalk!? lol...

mine has to be getting started learning Xdugef :wip:

Samo
01-06-2006, 08:21 AM
organic modelling
no time to learn and understand everything

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2006, 08:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.