PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Chris Ollis
02-28-2002, 11:46 PM
Never buy DELL Computers!

Flynn
02-28-2002, 11:50 PM
lol what happend?

I'm happy with mine...I did get screwed by Micron though :(

Matt_Forcum
02-28-2002, 11:52 PM
Dude what are you talking about!!

Ive got a dell and when my mother board died, They were out here the very next day replacing it!! this is from Texas to Savannah GA! Their tech support is the best!!! people dont listen to him!!!!

DUDE YOURE GETTING A DELL!!!

Chris Ollis
02-28-2002, 11:53 PM
Never buy DELL Computers! Ithought I'd had trouble before but........

The Hard Drive in my PC at work ate itself today.
One second it goes a little sluggish, the next BAM! locked up, blue screened "Your Hard Disk may have errors, back up your work and replace it immediately"

"uh"?

"Backup, must backup, er, how do you backup a PC when the whole thing has gone tits up and corrupted the entire registry"?

Dammit, why do we put our faith in such ridiculous bits of equipment?

Don't take me for a fool here, I do do backups, I probably cut a CD every month just out of habit, but I've lost at least three weeks of cool stuff, pictures from all over the place, movie clips of greatness and loads of Emails.

Dammit (again)

Sorry guys, had to let off steam.

oh, and that Spidey thing I was fdoing is dead then. arse.

Thank whatsit I've got this PC at home, shame there's no decent net connection though :(

Cheer me up people, send some nice pictures!!!

zohzoh
02-28-2002, 11:53 PM
I got some parts from a Dell computer and those work fine...

Chris Ollis
02-28-2002, 11:55 PM
don't know what happened there........... read the message with the full story, not this one!

oh, and I'm sure everyone else'd DELL's work fine, I've just had some bad karma out of them - probably my tech support people's fault anyhoo!

don't fix nuffing though!

tobalno3
03-01-2002, 12:08 AM
man...dells suck i hope you learned your lesson...

build your own computer

Joel Hooks
03-01-2002, 12:12 AM
Personally I want to start using RAIDS to avoid this. IDE RAID is fairly cheap, and will save you from these accidents via redundency.

It sucks.

Flynn
03-01-2002, 12:14 AM
why do they suck?

I build my own and buy from Dell.

just wondering what you dont like about them.

tobalno3
03-01-2002, 12:19 AM
nothing really..to be honest i just felt like saying that.

i never really worked on a dell..i dont' even have anything against them.

Flynn
03-01-2002, 12:22 AM
hehe fair enough

xtrm3d
03-01-2002, 12:28 AM
it is not the gallery forum ???
:-)

Sangotten
03-01-2002, 12:47 AM
Bummer!

Allright so you will to start over again...that's a bitch! I should back more often too, you'll never know.
But keep the spirit high man! Hope not all has lost.

Agent D
03-01-2002, 07:13 AM
The only thing I don't like about Dells (so far) is the "Dude, you're getting a Dell" commercials. "Dude.... no, I'm not getting a Dell. I have an ATHLON I built..." :D

epatnor
03-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by tobalno3
build your own computer

I second that! And get another, cheap PC with a reasonable hard drive and do automated backups across the network... that's what I do!

I love the creative freedom a computer can give, but I would'nt trust any of them... even if I build them myself!

But so far --- home cooked hardware kicks premanufactured ass! As long as you know what you're doing of course... :)

Cheers.
Patrik

epatnor
03-13-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by lowdown
Personally I want to start using RAIDS to avoid this. IDE RAID is fairly cheap, and will save you from these accidents via redundency.

It sucks.

And I second that as well... Here's my recepie:

* Your workstation should indeed use RAIDed hard drives for redundancy and performance (=at least 4 drives=kinda expensive)

* Put a CD burner or a tape backup drive in there for critical content backups.

* Hijack your grandma's PC and equip it with a new, fairly large hard drive. Create a script that copies files across your little network. Don't worry about grandma, she's not using it anyway...
:rolleyes:

There you have it!

Gilgamesh
03-14-2002, 03:06 PM
:(
I feel ya Chris. I am currently recovering from a crashed harddrive. Luckily, all the important stuff was on my other harddrive, but it is still a pain in the butt. It makes me worry about next time...when the importand drive stops spinning, never to spin again.

-A moment of silence.......

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.