PDA

View Full Version : WireParameters help

stylize
01-05-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm doing a facial rig and i wanted to create a GUI for the it. eg. the lips -> I have 8 main points for the lips to move about. So i created 8 helpers for its control in the GUI. I use wired parameter to wire wire the lip's point. But once i connect it, the lip's point will snap to the GUI control. How do i know the exact figure to offset to the original position? Is there any other way around to wire them? Or did i wire them correctly?

http://www.cgaesthetic.com/Test/wirepara.jpg

Conny
01-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Apply a Position List Controller as the lip-points and the helpers Position Controller.
The original Position XYZ contrroller will automatically be first in the list controller.
Add another Position XYZ controller to both list controllers and make them active.
Now wire the helper's second position controller to the lip-point's second controller.
The original positions will be stored in the first position controllers in the lists.

Another way is to use a zero-dummy as a parent for the lip points and the dummys.
Align the zero-dummies to the lip-points and the helpers before linking.
Now the original position is stored by the parents (the zero-dummies) and the wired
transformation will take place in relation to the parent's postion.

Conny

BradT
01-05-2006, 07:37 PM
... just a shortcut to accomplish what Conny said: Select your Lip points, alt-right-click and chose "Freeze transform". This is a quick way to set up the list controller. Then just connect your wires to the zero position controller. The cool thing about doing it this way is that your animator can then instantly move the lip controller back to it's original position by alt-right-clicking and selecting "transform to zero".

stylize
01-06-2006, 03:27 AM
Heh.. Conny and BradT thanks for the reply :) I tried all the ways that you guys suggested. It all works. Thanks for helping this newbie hehe

:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2006, 03:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.