PDA

View Full Version : Intro to 3D Modeling Class - Jan. 8, 2006

randyrives
01-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Just want to announce that I will be teaching Intro to 3D Modeling at Eclectic Academy again this term. The class last 6 weeks. Each week a new lesson is posted for students to study and do the assignments. There is a message board to ask questions and post links to your work.

The class uses Cinema 4D CE, and is available for download for students that do not own Cinema 4D. You can use any version of C4d, in the class though R9 some interface and naming changes have occurred. I will help any student with any problems using a later version.

If you are a US resident (In the Maxon US sales area) then you may purchase the lastest version of C4D at a discount. Students from other parts of the world may be able to also, but will have to contact their local distributor.

Topics include:

Modeling with Primitives
C4D Nurbs modeling
Polygon Modeling
Intro to Texture and Lighting
etc..

You can enroll at http://www.eclecticacademy.com/enroll.htm

randyrives
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
shameless bump

chrisWhite
01-06-2006, 07:34 PM
So out of curiosity, why are you teaching an intro to texturing and lighting in the Intro to Modeling class?

randyrives
01-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Because what I find, is that students want to texture their models. So I cover how to apply simple materials and how to set up a simple lighting rig.

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2006, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.