PDA

View Full Version : Digital retouch info needed

seanportfolio
01-04-2006, 02:32 PM
http://beckycarter.com/color.html
Is such skintones\eyes are the job done with PS
If so what techniques are commonly used?
Or maybe these are prof-l special filters...

thanx

spmonahan
01-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Yikes! What the heck happened to all their features?!?

To me it looks like a combination of a lot of makeup and a technique like this (http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=191).

roguenroll
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
usually alot of smudge and softening, as I see it.

wow did they resize some of those girls eyes way too big. I
cant believe some of those. ha ha:)

halo
01-04-2006, 08:23 PM
:eek: thats got to be one of the scariest pages i've seen in a long time!

looks like a paintover, a fiddle with the eyes and artificial highlights...difficult to say what techniques at that low res...not a filter.

are they supposed to look like stepford babies?

aonikoyi
01-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Double Damn That .....

Looks like they have been hit by the Photoshop Bandit .... LOL

Ian Jones
01-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Holy crap, there's a perfect example of where power has been abused. They look like alien dolls or something! looks like the mouth has been resized and rotated straighter on several of those pics, heck probably all of them have had every feature 'corrected'. Disgusting.

JaK3
01-05-2006, 12:45 PM
That's a combination of serious makeup, lighting (look at the highlights in the eyes, one front light and a bounce or second light from below) , then a lot of brushing/cloning/blurring of skin. The eye's have all been worked haven't they! It's all a bit disturbing.

Jack Youngblood
01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
How morbidly facinating.

Try doing it via masked layers on top of each other (features vs skin).

you can get a good face quality by converting the image to LAB mode, blurring the Lightness Channel and converting back to RGB.

To puff up the cheeks try adding a little bit of red on a separate layer set to overlay or something

sumpm1
01-08-2006, 03:23 AM
OMG they look like dolls or manequins

itsallgoode9
01-08-2006, 09:07 PM
WTF....I can't figure out if this person is really serious, or he/she is purposely trying to make them look that fake :surprised

Ian Jones
01-09-2006, 03:05 AM
itsallgoode9: Unfortunately, I think we can safely put this one in the 'genuinely retarded' category.

BlueFlare
01-10-2006, 03:36 AM
itsallgoode9: Unfortunately, I think we can safely put this one in the 'genuinely retarded' category.
ROTFLMAO! :D

Neil
01-12-2006, 10:47 PM
it's really not that impressive. It's just taking to the extreme what all the magazines are already doing. As much as i like looking at a pretty girl, i can't stand to read magazines anymore because every cover girl it brushed so much that she looks flat. You can still be pretty and have wrinkles and blemishes. I can see airbrushing out zits and scars though.

mofo101
01-13-2006, 06:47 AM
If you look at the site, most (if not all) the girls are VERY young, like younger than 13, done up with make-up and wigs to look older, and then touched up a bit in PS. after realizing that I felt kinda dirty, cause a few of them are kinda hot (in a very fake kind of way) and then all of a sudden its like "damn, thatís a 5 year old girl... sick" a little disturbing to say the least.

ralphmanning
01-14-2006, 12:37 PM
That IS sick, twisted, etc...but intriguing all the same.

thistly
01-18-2006, 03:17 AM
oh YUCK! I've seen this before somewhere. They're little beauty pageant girls, which is sick enough already. Way to warp your kid's mind.
hahaha:
http://beckycarter.com/images/c292.jpg

She looks like a horrible posessed doll that wants to chew up people's eyeballs. Gives me the shudders.
Yeah, like people've said, looks like regular ol' colour+contrast tweaking, airbrushing, and blowing up the eyes, painting the lips, drawing over the eyebrows ,copying and flipping the eyes to make them perfectly symmetrical etc etc. Only, the person isn't very skilled at it, and swaps photorealism and for SUPER-bright EYES with no 3D and to many sparkles.

Here (http://www.deviantart.com/view/25979687/) is an example of a great photo portrait of a kid, capturing personality, individuality etc. Those airbrushed things are more like ...crimes. ...Against humanity!
Bleagh!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.