PDA

View Full Version : How to get particles stay on the ground in MAX

torbjorn
11-27-2002, 03:07 PM
hey fellas...One quick question :

Is there a way to make the particles from (for example a superspray) to stay on the ground once they reach it? For example snow, so by time there would be a huge layer of snow...?

Frinsklen
11-29-2002, 08:08 PM
Hi,

You can make the particles stay in the ground with a deflector modifier, but you can't create collisions between particles. There's no way you can create a layer of snow, fill a glass with water or things like that.
You need something more powerful like Real Flow.

:wavey:

torbjorn
12-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Oh, can you explain how to get the particles to stay...I assumed it had something to do with a deflector...

And I've got both realwave and realflow...I think I'll try that aswell :beer:

Frinsklen
12-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Hi,

you're right, it has to do with deflectors (create > space warps > deflectors). There's a bunch of them with diferent shapes and properties, you can choose the one called just "deflector", which is a plane-shaped deflector you're suppossed to place where the "real" ground is. Then adjust its properties and bind it to the particle emiter. (with the "bind to space warp" button in the main toolbar.) I'd also suggest to add a gravity space warp and bind it to the particles.
Now the snow falls and collides with the plane deflector. But no matter how many particles you add, there will be no collision between particles, so forget about the huge layer of snow.

you have realwave and realflow, so try creating the snow with them, I'm sure there's a way. Don't ask me about this, I have no idea. :)

:beer:

torbjorn
12-01-2002, 01:27 PM
Hey, no, the layer of snow is no problem, that'
s not what i wanted, i wrote that just to specify what i meant... :applause:

I now know what you mean...Sucks that they cannot collide tough...But anyways, how to do if you have a landscape that has hills and stuff? Do i need to use A LOT of deflectors maybe?

I'll try this anyway, thank for the tip!!

mrwilt
12-12-2002, 02:39 AM
You could use a UDeflector which allows you to pick an object as a deflector.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.