PDA

View Full Version : Lee Scheinbeim - Demo Reel

Arrghman
01-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Hello!

I just finished up at VFS last month, so here's my contribution to the long list of VFS reels that have been posted here!

http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d54lee/reel_banner.jpg

Demo Reel (http://www.arrakeen.org/reel/Lee_480.mov) (~40Mb Quicktime, 640x480)
Mirror (http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d54lee/Lee_480.mov)

I don't have a proper website for myself up at the moment, but I setup a quick gallery here (http://arrakeen.org/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=1) with some high resolution stills if anyone would like to take a look!

All comments and critique welcome and appreciated!

Sherif.Nagib
01-04-2006, 09:24 AM
gr8 work lee :thumbsup:
Not to start another vfs love fest but you really do have some high quality work , I know I told you this before but I just LOVE this house and what you turned the concept to.
Not sure about the music choice tho, but maybe that's just me :)
I learned a lot from you and just being with you in the same class was enli... ok, not going there :p
good luck with the job hunt.. I know you'll do just fine with that ;)

Intervain
01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
:bounce::twisted: Finally!

I'm all bouncy right now - well I've said I won't join the VFS self-indulgence group but can a girl help it?
You know how I feel about your stuff from first hand opinions so I'll say no more [well maybe this: sitting next to you was ... distracting :beer:]. Great to see you've posted and good luck my friend. :applause: *hugs*

thomas7g
01-05-2006, 03:19 AM
HEY LEE!!! Long time no see!

I hope you are doing good! You art sure is! Especially That house, it's gorram shiny!!! I love it! It has alot of character!

Keep up the good work! And I hope you soon become a famous professional so I can say I knew you waaaaay back when!

http://battlestargalactica-forum.com/battlestar-galactica-fimages/icon/choco.gifhttp://battlestargalactica-forum.com/battlestar-galactica-fimages/icon/cylon.gifhttp://battlestargalactica-forum.com/battlestar-galactica-fimages/icon/Ncylon.gifhttp://battlestargalactica-forum.com/battlestar-galactica-fimages/icon/cow.gif

saygt
01-05-2006, 04:41 AM
nice reel. I love the house. Gonna guess that you got some inspiration from Howl's Moving Castle? Love the textures and the colors. Sweet rig. Your animation of it is top notch too; great sense of weight and timing.

Samus' proportions are off. Her head(or helmet) should be much bigger. There should be little space between the helmet and the shoulder pieces. Also the torso is too long to look natural with the rest of the body. The shoulders seem too wide too, but maybe not if the helmet is scaled up. You gotta keep in mind there's a sexy girl inside ;) Other than that, the color and the textures and all that look right on the dot. The walk cycle needs some work. The shoulder, or upper torso, look really stiff when they should drag more with the arms .

Aayla looks really good except for the face, which looks really dead. Half of it because of expression, which is suppose to look dead in the default model anyway, but since it's posed, I think even a little bit of expression would really bring out the character. Also, the eyes look pretty lifeless.

Overall awesome reel. Would be awesome to see the characters animated!

MasonicInc
01-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey Lee,

Ha, guess I am joining the group of complimenting VFS students. You know I have nothing but good things to say about you stuff, besides damn you for posting before me ;)

But I hope you got home well and the holidays went well.

Now get out there and get the job you deserve!!!

Lars

Digiegg
01-05-2006, 10:15 AM
man... you suck...
you make me wanna go to VFS and leave AAU.
I just got my American Citizenship too... guess I have to get a Canadian one too =P
Dude, honestly, your work is simply amazing.
You're solid man... modeling, texturing, rigging, animating.
Come teach at my school please?

neiy0
01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Good reel,

I thought that the mobile home was the best thing in there, with General Grevous in second. The texturing on the last model didn't seem up to par with the modelling, which was excellent. The third character, I felt the run cycle was to stiff.

All in all, I liked the first two the best, and I thought the other two had potential.

Cheers :beer:
-Neil

Saihtam
01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Amazing work, especialy the mobile home!

lostPin
01-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Quite a nice reel, I like the house the most. The rig is quite interesting too. Hope you'll get a job soon;)!!

Zoox
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
amazing work :drool: I know this has been said a lot but the mobil home is awsome :bowdown: really love it and the rig for it looked great.
I was thinking about going to VFS for the last few years and each year I like it more and more. I just was wondering how you liked it? any input would be great :thumbsup:

pepelepuke
01-05-2006, 09:11 PM
:drool: finally, it is about time..lol , i love your mobile home and your other character..

lee u rock .....

ragdoll
01-05-2006, 09:32 PM
that house is friggin awesome!

what the hell do they feed you at VFS? :scream:

-rj

andrebranco
01-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Nice Job Lee!

Clean, and professional...Good Luck.

You guys see now, how it is impossible to avoid the so called "VFS Love Parade" haha, everyone falls for it :-)

Keep in touch, guys!

Andre | 3D Character Animator | from The 3D53.

authentic
01-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Great work. Specially like the walking house.

Arrghman
01-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Wow, thanks for the comments everyone!

Sherif: Thanks! Good luck with your job hunt as well! :thumbsup:

Magda: Distracting, eh? :twisted:

Tom: Wow, it's been ages, good to hear from you! Glad you liked it!

saygt: Thanks very much for the honest comments, I think you're pretty much spot on with all your critiques! I would have loved to have Grievous animated as well, but there just wasn't time, sadly.

Lars: Thanks very much, hope you get the job you deserve too! BTW, I went with the black 30gb video ;)

Digiegg: Thanks alot!

neiy0: I defeinetly agree that the texturing on the last one could use some work, especially on her face and arms IMO. Thank you very much for your critiques!

Saihtam: Glad you liked it!

chikos: Thanks a lot, I hope so too! :)

Zoox: Thanks! On VFS, I think the thing I enjoyed the most about it was the working environment with the other students there. I can't really compare it to any other schools as I don't have any experience at any, but overall I definetely had a positive experience at VFS.

Terrance: Thanks a bunch! I'd like to see your predator up here! ;)
ragdoll: Caffeine. And lots of it! :bounce:

Andre: Thanks a lot, hope you're doing well!

authentic: Thanks, glad you liked it!

EternalArt
01-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Wooooooooow ... Great work man ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything is perfect ... Modeling .. texturing .. animation
But i want to ask you about Animation (Samus aran) is this mocap .. or animation by hand

Ohhhh .. i forget somthing .. 5 Star from me

Get better ...

rvallet
01-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey Lee, I hadn't seen the house before... great animation :)

Arrghman
01-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Eternal Art: The Samus animation is mocap. It still needs a bit more work to fit the model properly though!

Roland: Thanks! :)

BrandonDude
01-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Hear this

Dame it Lee.....
curse YOU

:argh:

Cinimod
01-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Hey Lee,

Great work on the reel man! I love your robo-house the most! I saw some wip of it at school, but it turned out Great! :thumbsup:

G'luck in the future, n if u ever come up to TO gimme a shout man,

Dom

shraga
01-18-2006, 03:33 AM
Wow Lee! - sweet house you got there.. and I like the General Grevous model a lot to. overall u got a very sweet reel. It seems that you worked really hard on it.

congrats and good luck!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.