PDA

View Full Version : Sketchbook Thread of Gonzalo Golpe

GonzaloGolpe
01-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Hi there! Recently I discover this anatomy forum.Wonderful:wip:
Ill star with two little things. The first, a little canvas that I made to a pub.(You can see the logo of Bacardi hehe). I decided to use this work of Velzquez, La fragua de Vulcano. I painted it with acrylics, in 2003:(sorry for the low quality of the image:sad: ):
http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/vulcano.jpg

This one a hand drawing that I made yesterday:
http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/mano.jpg
Ill put more,hehe.
Regards!!

Rebeccak
01-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Gonzalo Golpe,

Terrific to see your thread! Quite a nice mural! Would you like to tell us something about yourself and your background? Also, do you have definite plans for your thread? It will be nice to watch your advancement!

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

rblitz7
01-04-2006, 02:12 AM
I like that hand drawing! realistic with a touch of style!:D Nice!:thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
01-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Gonzalo Golpe,

Terrific to see your thread! Quite a nice mural! Would you like to tell us something about yourself and your background? Also, do you have definite plans for your thread? It will be nice to watch your advancement!

~Rebeccak

Of course!!:) My names Gonzalo Golpe, 1 meter, 87 centimeters tall (metric system:D ) ,28 years old (until January 24th :sad: ,hehe) and Im Master Degree in Fine Arts. I worked as a graphic and web designer and teacher. I have worked on Abstract/Contemporary Art but two years ago I decided to begin with digital painting and eight months ago I decided to buy a Wacom tablet,hehe and make more figurative works:) ,cause the contemporary businness dissapointed me a little bit.
Now I take up again the anatomy stuff cause is an interesting way to improve and make cool works:D

rblitz7: thanks so much!

Rebeccak
01-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Gonzalo Golpe,

Thank you for the background info! :) It's really interesting about your background with Abstract and Contemporary Art. Any particular favorite artists, contemporary or otherwise? Always cool to know. :)

Great to have you aboard, and let's see some more nice anatomy studies! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

GonzaloGolpe
01-04-2006, 07:05 PM
For example, contemporary, modern and classic artists: Chema Madoz, Miquel Barcel, Franz Ackermann, Georges Rousse, Louise Bourgeois, H.R.Giger,Dal, Picasso, Matisse, Sorolla, Velzquez, El Bosco, the guys who painted Lascaux and Altamira Caves,hahaha...I dont know, i think...200 more,haha.

Another drawing by pencil. Based on the painting San Andrs by Jos de Ribera ( 1591 - 1652 ):

http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/ribera.jpg
And thanks for the welcome again!:thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Very cool! I quite love the look of old skin ~ it's a lot more interesting than smooth. :) Ribera is a great painter of old skin ~ I'm a big fan of his work. Will try to post some links at a later time. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Mu
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Gonzalo,

this master copy of the old man is wonderful!

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to your next steps on your way to a great anatomy thread!

GonzaloGolpe
01-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah, Rebeccak its true:) these old masters hace done a good job,haha.:D

And thanks, Mr. Mu. Ill work on a new work and Ill put it here:)

Gunilla
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Gonzalo! Some really nice drawings here! The hand is great - there's nothing more difficult than hands and to give them expression. The Pub painting is cool too - fun idea to use Velzquez with Bacardi. :)

GonzaloGolpe
01-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Hi Gunilla!:wavey: thanks for your words!yeap, the hands are cool to draw,hehe.

Here I put another drawing. Its a concept abour a fiction animal. The next post will be the muscles of him and the next...photoshop:scream: to give him some skin texture and colour. Hope you like it!:
http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/turadon1.jpg

Rebeccak
01-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Gonzalo Golpe,

Nice drawing! Have you seen Mike / default.rol's thread? He has some cool fictional creature skeletons there as well. Definitely check it out! :wip:

Looking forward to seeing your update!

~Rebeccak

GonzaloGolpe
01-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Gracias Rebecca:beer: Yeap I was looking at his forum. Ill check it out again,hehe:) Now, Im working with the muscles of this beautiful animal;)

default-rol
01-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Really nice fictional animal skeleton coming on there Gonzalo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing it develop.

MIKE

MichaelZHsee
01-09-2006, 09:15 AM
that is pretty interesting~i cant imagine skeleton of animals,kudos to u:thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
01-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi ...Gonzalo..:wavey: ...:)

Looks like you are very good at captureing emotion in your work, a nice and a rare gift
for sure...even comes thru in your hand study and that Ribera...GREAT...:thumbsup:
That creature your working on.. is it predator or prey ...just curious..
Lascaux...Altamera cave painters...thats great...they are usually forgotten.
Years ago, I came opon a painting of a bison on the face of a sandstone wall, hidden
way way back in a canyon called Vasquez Rocks, in the San Fernando valley, LA, CA. where
I grew up...painting captured the spirit of the bison, and also the emotion of the artist
who painted it.....:bowdown:
A real pleasure to see your work, and looking forward to seeing more...:arteest:

Take Care
Glenn

GonzaloGolpe
01-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey thanks Spirit Gallego:D (a great spirit I must say,lol)Love the ancient paintings of the caves and their expressions.I imagined this animal as a herbivore. Here I put the muscles of the Turadon:
http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/turadon2.jpg
And now Ill start with photoshop work!hehe.Thanks for your words!!

GonzaloGolpe
01-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Oops I forgot:

default.rol thanks so much Mike:thumbsup:

sh@ke (sh@ke): and thanks michael!!:scream: You are very talented and you can!!hehe:thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Gonzalo Golpe,

Really exceptional work here! I quite like how you're really thinking of the beast as a whole when drawing the individual muscles...that's quite advanced, and great to see! I think you and Mike definitely have a lot in common!

By the way, you should definitely check out this thread:

Creature Designers - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257600)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257600

It's an older thread, but some great work should still be there!

~Rebeccak

GonzaloGolpe
01-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Hola Rebecca!:thumbsup: Yeah, youre right. I think we must think the elements of the composition as an unique thing, but we can work every single detail. As Dal said: "When you look at a hole landscape, dont forget the ant on your feet":)
And thanks for the link, wonderful jobs and wonderful Alien,haha.

Regards!

Zalo

GonzaloGolpe
01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Oops, when I said we can work every single detail I wanted to say we HAVE TO work...etc hehe:scream:

Rebeccak
01-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Gonzalo Golpe,

Heh, no prob for the links! :) Great quote! :thumbsup: There are actually books of artists' quotes, most likely websites, too. :) Some of them are pretty great. :)

EDIT: In fact, here's a few links:

http://www.aenj.org/links/quotes.html

http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

erilaz
01-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Heh... I like you've got that Kimmel presentation style down Gonzalo!:D

GonzaloGolpe
01-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Rebecca!:wavey: Cool quotes links!

I like these ones:

Abstract paintings must be as real as those created by the 16th century Italians.
Frank Stella

All art is but imitation of nature. (Id say: of course:D)
Seneca

A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.
Michelangelo

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once
he grows up. (cool! :)
Pablo Ruiz y Picasso

The sculptor, and the painter also, should be trained in these liberal
arts: grammar, geometry, philosophy, medicine, astronomy, perspective, history, anatomy, theory of design, arithmetic.
Lorenzo Ghiberti

"What good are computers? They can only give you answers.":p
~ Pablo Picasso

Ill keep on reading these wonderful quotes,hehe

Erilaz: hehe, yep, thanks!:arteest:

Lyneran
01-16-2006, 01:08 AM
i loved your studies, especially the old man. and i'm looking forward to seeing the completed umm.. you call it turadon right? it's interesting to see how imaginary creatures are built from the inside out. it makes it very believable. :)

Gunilla
01-16-2006, 04:49 PM
I really like the way you build up your creature, I'm sure the end result will benefit for that kind of method. :thumbsup:

Some really good quotes too.

I have another Picasso:
"Searching is not interesting, finding is."
:)

Lemog
01-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey Zalo... really appreciate the originality of your Turadon... very well feel... he seem really "possible"...

...I hope to see the flesh version soon :thumbsup: best continuation mate...

GonzaloGolpe
01-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Lyneran: thanks so much!!yeap, turadon;)

Gunilla: thanks!!(Is your colon right?)Ok.ok, I stop:scream: :scream: The quote you put is excellent. I agree. Finding is interesting,hehe.

Lemog: Hooolaa vecino!!:wavey: Im working on it and Ill put my dear friendly turadon here:buttrock:

┤Zalo:p

makaron
01-22-2006, 12:10 PM
what a creature... :eek: nicely done :applause:
and have to ask, is it gonna get some fur? ... :p

fredlovebot
01-22-2006, 12:55 PM
That creature is really cool, and as Lemog said it seems very possible. I don't know if I would want to bump into one on a dark night though :scream: Keep going at it, I would love to see it with some fur on!

PS. Your Spectacular contest entry was my favorite :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Gonzalo Golpe,

Ha, I hadn't seen your Spectacular entry...it's great! :scream: :thumbsup:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=274202

So many threads, it was hard to keep up with them all...:blush:...thanks gorgnut for pointing that out! :)

~Rebeccak

Lemog
01-23-2006, 05:19 AM
I totally agree with you Beckie... this entry was totally Spectacular and Fun... limit NUT for me... very imaginative... a very good composition :thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
makaron: hehe thanks!! He will have fur on his hat:p . Pink fur hahahah:D(Now Im listening the Simphonie n.6 of Beethoven, Pastorale, number 1 and watching your avatar haha. He keeps time to the music haha)

gorgnut: thanks!!no, hes very friendly and calm Hes a cool guy haha. And thanks so much for your words about Spectacular C.:love:

Rebeccak: thankss!!!:love: I know its difficult to watch so manyyyy threads hehehe. Dont worry. Apart from this, Ill tell you a thing. I think you are kind-hearted I tell you sincerely Before I post on the Spectacular contest I didnt use to put many posts but, after that I watch the CGtalk forum almost everyday :D and then I discovered this anatomy forum and you teaching the people to improve their skills with humility. You have a huge soul, Rebecca:) Im teaching drawing and painting too ( to earn some money while Im searching for a job,haha) and I think that discipline is the most important thing, but, from time to time its necessary to stop, look at someone eyes and say: "hey! do you know what?youre great!":thumbsup:

Lemog: hey, your soul is huge too,:D :D thanks Laurent!:thumbsup:

┤Zalo

Rebeccak
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Zalo: Rebeccak: thankss!!!:love: I know its difficult to watch so manyyyy threads hehehe. Dont worry. Apart from this, Ill tell you a thing. I think you are kind-hearted I tell you sincerely Before I post on the Spectacular contest I didnt use to put many posts but, after that I watch the CGtalk forum almost everyday :D and then I discovered this anatomy forum and you teaching the people to improve their skills with humility. You have a huge soul, Rebecca:) Im teaching drawing and painting too ( to earn some money while Im searching for a job,haha) and I think that discipline is the most important thing, but, from time to time its necessary to stop, look at someone eyes and say: "hey! do you know what?youre great!":thumbsup:
Wow, thanks so much for that! You really made my day! :thumbsup: Very kind words, I'm really appreciative! :) Hmm, now you know that you should not have told me that you teach...because now I must harass you for tutorials. :bounce:Also, best of luck in your job search! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

GonzaloGolpe
01-23-2006, 02:29 PM
:) Hmm, now you know that you should not have told me that you teach...because now I must harass you for tutorials. :bounce:

LOOOLL!!ok ,ok, no problem hehe. :thumbsup:

┤ Zalo

Gunilla
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
I totally agree with you Beckie... this entry was totally Spectacular and Fun... limit NUT for me... very imaginative... a very good composition :thumbsup:

I agree with both of you - great comp! Also I think it's cool the way you made it look lke a mix of 2d and 3d, I like that :thumbsup:

And Zalo, I agree with you that Beckie is the best forum hostess ever! :)

Rebeccak
01-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Awww, thanks, Gunie! :bounce: :)

:love:

GonzaloGolpe
01-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks Gunilla!:thumbsup:

Well, Im working on my dear turadon, so I decided to put a WIP of him. I decided to put light colours and...hey...Ill let the turadon amaze me with his final coloring:D
First touches:

http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/turwip.jpg

Rebeccak
01-26-2006, 02:24 AM
GG,

The back portion of the beast is really starting to look great! :) It will be interesting to see how this all comes together...looking forward to your progression! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

Lemog
01-26-2006, 04:42 AM
Really don't imagine this beast like that, but that's good for me... just waiting the next steps impatiently :) :thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
02-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Rebeccak: hey!:wavey: thankssss:)

Lemog:hehe, lets see the final version. Well, I wante to paint it with light colours, perhaps to break the traditional dark tones of dinosaurs that we use to watch on the screen...hehe thx!!

While Im working with this stuff I put some samples, two caricature characters:
http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/concept2.jpg

And a costume concept of a comic character that Im working on too:
http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/quinto.jpg

Kisses!:D

┤Zalo

Rebeccak
02-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Zalo,

Wow, these are great! :bounce: The top two characters especially are so charming! :) Really nice stuff here...great to see an upddate! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

Lemog
02-06-2006, 06:10 AM
I must agree with Beckie about the 2 characters... I really like them... lot of personnality... that can be a good starting point for a story... good continuation Zalo :thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
02-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Rebecca: yep, it was time to make an update:wip: Gracias!:D

Laurent:Thankkkss!!:cool:

Another update, another character. The comic book Im working on is a misterious story on a civil war that happened in the XVth century in some towns near the place where I live. In Galician it was called Guerras Irmandias. The people against the feudal nobility.
A friend of mine wrote the script, and I make the job,lol!:D (just kidding,hehe).Another character called Mateo:
http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/mateo.jpg

Rebeccak
02-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Zalo,

I love these sketches, and as I mentioned to you earlier, think that these would look great colored in a watercolor (digital) Beatrix Potter style. :)

Great stuff! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

zpapageo
02-07-2006, 04:46 AM
Rebecca's right. These sketches have a great feel to them. I'd love to see them developed.

Gunilla
02-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Great sketches, Zalo! I'm looking forward to see where you take this - lot's of potential!

Lemog
02-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Hahaha... don't know why, but this last one make me feel to a poor guy at the final del camino de santiago... just need the shell... :scream: :thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
02-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Rebeccak: yep:thumbsup: well, I didnt mentioned to you but the script of the comic, the hole action will be very...dark, very...:argh: hehe,but thanks so much for talking about Potter.Ill work that technique:)

zpapageo: thanks!:bounce:

Gunilla: hey! thanks so much to you too. Looking forward to your dissection....the dissection of your illustration I mean, :D :p

Lemog:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!great!Poor man, after walking 1200 km. ( A friend of mine did the camino with another dudes, and one of them walked ok everytime. When he arrived to the cathedral he tripped and fell on the ground! good entry!hahaha:thumbsup:

┤Zalo

Rebeccak
02-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Zalo,

As a suggestion, you might want to check out the original Grimm's Fairy Tales:

http://www.foliosoc.co.uk/folio/books/Grimms_Arthur_Rackham.jpg http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/mas_assets/full/parent-1593420064.jpg http://athensantiqueprints.com/catalog/images/grim_cat.jpg

>>Link to Prints<<
(http://athensantiqueprints.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=428_36_39&osCsid=8e149eb590ff9aefb61c735427b0d54f)
Dark is definitely good! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

GonzaloGolpe
02-09-2006, 12:40 AM
As I told you, thanks so much for this wonderful link!:thumbsup:

Regards!

▒ Zalo ▒

Rebeccak
02-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Zalo,

You're totally welcome! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

makaron
02-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I really like these sketches... :bounce:

GonzaloGolpe
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
makaron: thanks dude!:thumbsup:

Well, Im beginning a new illustration and Id like to put the work in progress here:) . Im thinking about do it mostly with Painter, with some oil tools like the ancient masters but putting a modern element. In this particular case, the guy carry a keyboard:DHope you like it!Here it is the pencil sketch:

http://www.gonzalogolpe.com/jose.jpg

Regards!

▒Zalo▒

Gunilla
02-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Ahhh - that is such a great concept! A man holding his keyboard in such a motherly pose... excellent (I wish I'd come up with it myself) :thumbsup:

Relly looking forward to see this finished - are you going to make it in ancient style, with cracked varnish and all? :)

Rebeccak
02-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Zalo,

What a beautiful drawing! I think your style really stands out as being unique...you don't seem concerned as much with the technical mastery of drawing since you are already a very good draughtsman ~ so your ideas are allowed to come through. Great to see more of your work, it's quite inspiring! :cool:

~Rebeccak

Lemog
02-14-2006, 05:58 AM
Very interesting and original... the contrast between the style/your style and technology... I adore... go Zalo :thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
02-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi....Gonzalo...:)
That's a really nice concept....so simply expressed .....GREAT IMAGE for this century..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Mu
02-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi

I meant to post this earlier, but yesterday some pics in this thread did not load and then my post editor does not initialize properly...

Great drawing! Glenn mentioned the concept of "air" in a drawing in some other thread and I think this has a lot of air. Also a very believable character. This is a traditional starting sketch isn't it? I ask because you mentioned you wanted to do it all digitally and this looks so traditional I wondered if you managed to get this look in digital...

Keep it up!

GonzaloGolpe
02-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Gunilla: thanks!!!Yeah, when I finish it, Ill crack the monitor to get the same effect:D :p

Rebeccak: :love: thanks!!! Youre invited to Spain to eat a good spanish omelette with a good wine,lol!:beer:

Lemog: merci!!( the only french word I know, I must learn french...oh, and Je voudrai an omelette hahaha):bounce:

Mr. Mu: dont worry for that =) Nice words! yep, the air in a work is very important, like Las meninas , "the most pure air in the universe", Dali dixit hehe.Yeah I wanted to work this illustration in that way, from soft touches to strong and dry brush strokes =)

▒Zalo▒

Rebeccak
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Rebeccak: :love: thanks!!! Youre invited to Spain to eat a good spanish omelette with a good wine,lol!:beer:
I accept! So long as there is cheese! :D :beer:

Lemog
02-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Hey... Zalo... ok too for invitation...

...a spanish wine I really appreciate in this time, don't know if you know it... it's the Senorio de los Llanos... a Valdepenas Wine... y tiene un gusto :thumbsup: :scream: hahahaha puedes preparar la tortilla... voy :bounce:

Rebeccak
02-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Omelettes, cheese, wine, and tortillas...see you guys in Spain! :beer:

Rebeccak
03-01-2006, 09:42 PM
If you haven't already, you should totally join the Challenge!

http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/enter.php

~Rebeccak

GonzaloGolpe
03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey Rebecca! hehe I didnt know that the new challenges running hehehe Thanks for the link!!But,really I didnt know if Im gonna to participate...mmm:shrug: never knows:)

And soon Ill start to put a WIP of the last sketch hehe.

Greetings!

▒Zalo▒

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.