PDA

View Full Version : compositing tag ?

xtrm3d
01-04-2006, 12:48 AM
hi ,
i need to render different alpha chanell for certain part of my cars ..
should work with a composition tag ..
but where do i put the tag ?
only on the object ?
or as i hope .. may i put it in a polygon selection ? just after the red triangle ?

i know..i know .. someone would come and say something like . not just dont try by yourself .. but i have some rendering cooking right now :bounce: :love:

Per-Anders
01-04-2006, 12:59 AM
the object buffer/object id's allow you to create alpha knockouts for any whole mesh via multipass. you just put the compositing tag on your object, set a buffer id, then in the multipass options choose Object Buffer from the list of possible multipass channels and enter the id that you used for your object (this way you can add multiple obejcts to a single object buffer, by giving them the same id's in the compositing tag, you'll also notice you can set a single obejct to be in multiple buffers), add as many Object Buffer multipass layers as you need, then when you hit render you will have nice masks for each element.

xtrm3d
01-04-2006, 01:17 AM
thx for the quick answer ...

but ...
would i be able to put the tag on a polygon selection ? ( the samll red triangle that contain the shader )

hope that my rendering would be soon done so that i could test that :-)

talos72
01-04-2006, 01:56 AM
That is good info to know. I really wish the manual would go into greater detail on how to use the compositing tag. There is not much info on it in the main manual.

Per-Anders
01-04-2006, 01:58 AM
thx for the quick answer ...

but ...
would i be able to put the tag on a polygon selection ? ( the samll red triangle that contain the shader )

hope that my rendering would be soon done so that i could test that :-)

unfortunately no it can't be applied to just a polygon selection. you'll have to manually make your alpha in that case. there are some limitations with the current multipass system that i hope will eventually be lifted.

xtrm3d
01-04-2006, 02:08 AM
thx again :-)

would then test it with y next project ..
and do them manually like in good old lightwave for this time :-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2006, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.