PDA

View Full Version : River Palace

Bucket
01-03-2006, 09:52 PM
It's a fantasy palace on a river on the edge of waterfall. I'm probably going to put a town on both sides of the Palace. It's still in a very rough form. There is a 2d poly man for Ref purposes. I'm building the exterior and interior. A lot of the shapes are representations of whole shapes that will be created.

Bucket
01-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I haven't opened this scene for a while. I did a few small thnigs. I might not update for a while because of school. But you never know..

Bucket
01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Moved stuff around.. added.. removed. etc.

Bucket
05-25-2006, 04:15 AM
The roofing on the mid floor section is pretty much done. The entrance has been pushed further out to accomadate the roof. I think it looks better this way. Still a lot of rough shapes. I still plan to build the inside and outside all in one piece. I am starting to hide some of the heavier pieces of geometry my q540 is starting to draw slow. The base of the palace is still leaving me a bit puzzled, at the beginning I was leaning towards supports for the river to flow through the underside. I might go for the island approach in the middle of the river. I keep having afterthoughts of whether or not to build this more realistically and ditch the river completely. The river would give it a more interesting look but realistically nobody would build a huge palace upstream of big waterfall erosion would be too much of an issue. But who cares eh, I'm just trying to make a nice image.

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 04:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.