Halmir21
01-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Hello
I got the Corel Painter IX, and installed it.. but I got a problem when
launching.. the program begins to load, and when it's almost finished, the
program just close.. with no error message.. I tried to install the 9.1
Update.. but still the same thing happens :(
I looked up at the Corel's webpage, and the only solution there is about
freespace, but I got 61gb of free space!! I also searched on the net and in the forums, found some people with the same problem, but no solution :( I also tried loading the application pressing shift and reseting, but it didn't worked :( I tried to reinstall the software 3x, the weird thing is that on the third reinstall, I could use the software on the second try, but when I tried again, got the same problem again :(
My PC is a Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 2gb of ram, 61gb of freespace, Windows XP and
I use an Intuos 2 tablet

Thanks a lot for any help :)

Halmir

Solo Alien
01-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe you should reinstall Painter. Sometimes it can resolve problem with "unexpected closing programm when it just started".
That problem can be connected with wrong intered key number.
Also - check the number of RAM in Painter and virtual memory - on HDD.
Maybe you have oldest version of Painter on your PC (like painter 8 or 7 or any trial version which was recorded in RegFiles of Windows) - It also can produce version conflict and programm won`t work...

Jinbrown
01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
You'll have the best chance of getting a good response and solution to your problem by posting your message on the Corel Painter IX newsgroup:

Add Server: cnews.corel.com

Subscribe to: c.PainterIX

There should be no version conflicts when more than one Painter version is installed on your computer. They're each installed in their own folder and I have the following Painter versions installed and all are running just fine:

Corel Painter IX
Corel Painter 8.1
Corel Painter 7.1.357
Corel Painter 6.1
Metacreationg Painter 5.0.3
Metacreations Painter Classic 1
(Corel) procreate Painter Classic 2

I'll soon be installing Corel Painter Essentials 3 as well.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.