PDA

View Full Version : Characters: Backyard Bully Promo

Rudity
11-27-2002, 09:34 AM
Hello forum.

Here is a Promo pic for my upcoming short entitled Backyard Bully.
You like the style?

Some background infromation for you folks.

The boy's name is Squirrel Boy. He is based off of me when I was 6 years old.

The kitty is roughly based off of one of my cats from my childhood days named Topaz. I just call her KittyWitty. Isn't she cute?

The squirrel is just called Squirrel.
He's the bully. Bad squirrel!!!!

http://mydrive.cdis.org/~drudy/backyardbully_small.jpg

1280x1024 Desktop. (http://mydrive.cdis.org/~drudy/backyardbully.jpg)

O and as always share your critiques. Id love to hear them!!

chepe297
11-27-2002, 09:38 AM
I love the style! :thumbsup:
Very stylized and toony.

comments...

The shadow of the characters doesn't seem to show up quite well so the characters doesn't seem to be planted on the ground...

Overall... great work! I love to see you'll animation when it's finished. :wavey:

robmuska
11-27-2002, 12:03 PM
love it...looks like it's gonna be an entertaining short.
i hope that cat eats the squirrel...

trailerpark
11-27-2002, 03:06 PM
:thumbsup: looking good

Rudity
11-27-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by robmuska
love it...looks like it's gonna be an entertaining short.
i hope that cat eats the squirrel...

Naw the cat doesn't eat the squirrel, thats too mean for my short film.
There is a confilict between the squirrel and kitten though. But nothing too severe.
Its all fun in the backyard.
:)

Back to work on it.

proton
11-28-2002, 12:13 AM
I love that cat model...great job!

elastic
11-29-2002, 06:32 PM
Yeehaw... This anim is gonna kick ass when it's finished. To bad Darren is so in love with squirrels he sleeps with them under his covers :D

Rock on, Squirrel Boy
:buttrock: :buttrock:

dur23
11-29-2002, 08:32 PM
:bounce: :scream: :bounce: :scream: :bounce: :scream: :bounce:

iMag
11-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Heh I remember that kitty so cute and the animation was wonderful. though the humping the camera? for shame :P

the squirrels tail looks a little off to me, looks more like a pine cone almost. i guess it works though with the overall flow and look. so ignore me :)

the composition is quite nice. one thing is looking at the tree is the knot the bump continues from the rest of the tree. something tells me that is not how it would be.

Rudity
11-30-2002, 12:35 PM
I decided to show a bit more of the squirrel since he was hard to see in the promo pic. :)

Here's a little rig test I did.
The six pack ring is a cloth object for my squirrel.
I modeled it on for the two struggleing pics and the last pic is the cloth object draped.
It will be a part of my squirrel for this short. :)

The render's are nothing special just a key and fill with 2 eyelights.

The rig kicks ass. Thanks to Jason Schleifer and his Integrating an Animation Rig into a Creature Pipeline works..(make any sense?)
Ive used the technique on my squirrel and boy so far and I think im gonna throw one onto my cat now!!

http://mydrive.cdis.org/~drudy/envirosquirrel.jpg

iMag - Hehehe Im glad you remembered that. So i'll guess you'll like this too then.

elastic - Heheh squirrels are funny.

Thanks guys.
Cheers:beer:

eLm0
12-01-2002, 09:16 AM
Ok squirrel in 6pack U HAVE STRUK GOLD hehe ranks with young boy running into brick wall on funniest home video show hehe heheh hehe. but like yeh GR8 job poses and modelling look creat i love that sorta model. Keep us posted:thumbsup:

raden
12-01-2002, 10:11 AM
heya Rudity :)
cool job here. i really like it, esp. the cat you did it really well she'll steal the show from the squirrel & the squirrelboy :)
nice idea there with the squirrel and that cloth object (bottle holder?) can wait to see the anim. btw about the boys hair how would you rig it?

oh yea just a little suggestion perhaps you could do more with the boys soccer outfit textures? take one of yr fave team or something...
and about the squirrel hell be cutter if you make his lower belly a bit fatter and wider.

goodluck with the anim :beer:

eLm0
12-01-2002, 11:19 AM
yeh i support radin with his comments aswell especially with the soccer uniform i didn't give much of a look at the top image but now i look at it that texture needs to be fixed up like i said before tho keep it up:thumbsup:

johnhendry
12-01-2002, 11:34 AM
:bounce:
i like it!

Rudity
12-01-2002, 01:34 PM
Im so stoked that you guys like this. :)

eLm0 - YES!!! ehehe im glad you found it humorous. Boy running into brick wall. GREAT IDEA. Ive done that and it was funny!!
Maybe we'll see it on a rig test for the boy... BIG MAYBE!

raden - Your not the first to mention that. But I based it off me as a kid and I never had jersey's. I always made up my own team and we were always the best. I was always the star player and we never lost....Id wear the shirt so much that id get mustard and ketchup all over it usually.. HEHEHE man I wanna be 6 again.
Ill throw an actual jersy on him and see how it looks. :)

Thanks guys.
Cheers:beer:

Frank_biemans
12-01-2002, 01:43 PM
cool, maybe u could ame the smile biigger and make the eyebrowse bigger :bounce:

Fasty
12-01-2002, 08:40 PM
I agree, it all looks great
... EXCEPT....
that's gotta be the scariest little kid I've ever seen!!

Kid-Mesh
12-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey whats that on the kids shirt?... Mustard? :p

I cant wait to see what type of music you put in this to give that "kid style" feel to it.

Have you thought of anything already regarding that? or will there even be audio?

raden
12-02-2002, 01:15 AM
heya Rudity,
I still got those mustard too, but on my pants :D
Now back to your 6 years old you's jersey. Dont get rid those mustard cs that add alot to the character. You dont necessarily have to make a fancy jersey as well. Just play with colours, shaders setting and texture(bump etc) to make you not overcasted by the cuteness of yr kittywitty and also to make you stand out from all of those greenery. This I think also occur to the tree colour and yr squirrel colour since we cant really see yr squirrel if he climb up the tree. Hey I just realise he got different eyes colours cool! Oh I see a lot of potential with his ears, if you rig & animate them well I think he'll survive yr kittywitty stardom :)

Okay dude, later :beer:

btw dyou actually got a squirell as a pet? can u post his pic here? its been a long time since I have seen one :hmm:

Remi
12-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Looks cool...cant wait to see the animation.....keep us posted.:thumbsup:

JBruckner
12-10-2002, 11:47 PM
The kid looks like Boo from Monstors inc, the work is top nothch, I wish there was some more color though.

Rudity
12-11-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Glitchwolf
The kid looks like Boo from Monstors inc, the work is top nothch, I wish there was some more color though.

Heheh nice on Glitchwolf, she was my reference for the shape, I then just looked in the mirror at myself for the details.

I didn't notice that some of my replies had been lost in the backup. O well.

Glad you guys like it.

So's ya'll know the animation is coming along great.
I will hopefully be changing my boys colors, it seems that alot of people would prefer that.

See you guys around.
:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.